If you spend much time in fountain pen forums, you’ll likely know Oliver Taylor as Minislot. Oliver is fifteen years old, lives in England, and is a bona fide Fountain Pen Geek!
In his own words:
I’ve been collecting and using fountain pens for two years. I own 15 pens. My favorite is the Parker Frontier. My Grail Pen would be a Visconti Van Gogh Starry Night with a Fine nib.
Of the fifteen pens in his collection, Oliver does a “chop and change about fortnightly,” carrying three pens to classes on any given day. As his school only allows the use of black ink, he uses Diamine Onyx Black or black Kaweco cartridges.
Oliver very kindly presents us with his entire collection (minus one, mysteriously missing). A feast for your eyes:
From Left to Right:
- Parker Frontier in Translucent Blue w/ Medium Nib
- Manuscript Italic Calligraphy Pen
- Hero 616 Standard in Maroon
- Hero 616 Jumbo in Green
- Sheaffer 300 in Black with Chrome Trim w/ Medium Nib
- Parker Vector Flighter w/ Medium Nib
- Sainsbury’s (UK Supermarket) Cartridge Pen
- Parker Frontier Flighter w/ Medium Nib
- Baoer 79 in Black
- Montblanc Vintage 450x with Extra Fine Nib
- Kaweco Sport Demonstrater w/ Fine Nib
- Reform 1745
- Lamy Safari in White w/ Medium Nib