PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Stipula Ventidue

cygnoir
March 12th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I apologise if this has been answered before, but I've searched the forum and can't find a definitive answer.

I recently purchased a lovely yellow Stipula Ventidue whilst on a birthday trip in Barcelona. And the base of the nib leaks. O, how it leaks! I've already unscrewed the nib and re-screwed it, so I know it's not a case of the nib not being screwed in properly. I've tried different inks, and they all leak similarly.

I think my pen may have had some sort of gaskety entity because I saw a small black ring on the floor of our B&B as we were packing to leave Barcelona, but I didn't retrieve it, figuring it for some other piece of detritus I did not need. More fool me!

I love my new pen viciously and possessively and do not want to send it off to Italy for repair if this is something I can do myself. So my questions are as follows:

Do Stipula Ventidue nibs usually have o-rings or other gaskety entities?
If so, can I purchase one of these o-rings here in Scotland and install it myself?

Thank you most sincerely for any advice you might have.

KrazyIvan
March 13th, 2013, 08:38 AM
My Stipula Passaporto does have O-rings, not sure about the Ventidue. The O-rings are available online from retailers in the states. I am not sure who would have them in Europe. Try a plumbing supply store, they might have something that works.

cygnoir
March 13th, 2013, 08:44 AM
My Stipula Passaporto does have O-rings, not sure about the Ventidue. The O-rings are available online from retailers in the states. I am not sure who would have them in Europe. Try a plumbing supply store, they might have something that works.

Thanks! I will do that.