PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Waterman Harmonie

jfsisler
March 29th, 2013, 04:23 AM
I have a mystery on my hands - my Waterman Harmonie (which I love) is leaking:cry: and I can't figure out why. I was trying to add ink this morning and ink was coming out from between the converter and the pen, so I removed the converter, thinking I didn't have it secured in the pen. Unlike the Lamy, I don't think this converter has any nubs that have to click into position in order to secure it in the pen. It's a proprietary Waterman converterso I assumed that was the best one to have but I;m starting to wonder. I never used to have problems with the cartridges, but I'd rather use my bottled inks if I could. Thanks for your help everyone!

jar
March 29th, 2013, 07:45 AM
First, use a cartridge and make sure there are no leaks.

KrazyIvan
March 29th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Check the nipple on the converter. It might be damaged. If you can take the converter apart, a dab of silicone grease around the piston seal may help if it is leaking air from there. Replacement converters were running between $10-$15 the last time I checked. All this is assuming no leaks with a cartridge.

Maja
March 29th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Is the Waterman converter a new one (the kind with no metal collar near the 'nipple', just a black plastic collar)? If so, that might be the problem as the new-style ones described above do not fit all Waterman C/C pens. There was a post on FPN about it here on this page (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/237702-new-converter-issues).
I think you have to be a member to see the photos.

jfsisler
March 30th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks Maja. It appears that is the problem.............oh well I can use cartridges for one pen. I may not like it but it won't kill me

KrazyIvan
March 30th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Well that stinks.

jfsisler
April 9th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Well that stinks.

Yeah it does, but I guess every pen can't be perfect. At least the cartridges work. That would stink even worse if it was something wrong with the pen.

Bogon07
April 10th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Yeah it does, but I guess every pen can't be perfect. At least the cartridges work. That would stink even worse if it was something wrong with the pen.
Have you tried refilling the cartridges with syringes. You can even use an eyedropper if you like torturing yourself.
I bought a set of Goulet Ink Syringes for cleaning and refilling cartridges. They work very well and you can take off the needle to force water through the grip/feed section.
http://www.gouletpens.com/Goulet_5ml_Ink_Syringe_Set_p/inksyringe.htm