PDA

View Full Version : Cap Issues - need advice/leads

JazzDoc
May 20th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I have cap problems with two pens, and I'm hoping I can get some good advice/leads:

(1) Sheaffer Imperial Triumph in gold finish - clip is loose, not side to side, but the end of the clip can be moved to and fro away from the cap's body.

(2) Waterman Le Man 100 Opera - the snap on cap closure works, but is very anemic, requiring very little force to apply & remove the cap.

Advice welcome, especially with sources as to who might be able to fix these issues.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

jar
May 20th, 2013, 04:31 PM
The Imperial clip is spring loaded.

I'll check my Man 100 Opera but I don't remember it taking much effort to cap or uncap.

JazzDoc
May 20th, 2013, 06:01 PM
The Imperial clip is spring loaded.

So what would you recommend I do for that?

I'll check my Man 100 Opera but I don't remember it taking much effort to cap or uncap.
Actually I also have a Le Man 100 (non-Opera) and it's much tighter with a more definitive closure, jar. Big difference in degree between the two on that score.

I s'pose I'm looking for leads as to who might fix these kind of things. Thanks, as always, for chiming in. :)

whych
May 22nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
To get to the clip on the Sheaffer, you need to pull the inner cap first. It usually needs lots of soaking and heat to get it out with a puller that will grip the inner cap.

JazzDoc
May 22nd, 2013, 03:19 PM
To get to the clip on the Sheaffer, you need to pull the inner cap first. It usually needs lots of soaking and heat to get it out with a puller that will grip the inner cap.

Even more reason to send it to an expert! Know any folks who do this sort of thing?

Thanks.

Tony Rex
May 30th, 2013, 12:14 PM
For the Man 100 you might want to replace the inner cap. Something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterman-Man-100-Cap-Crown-GF-Waterman-Disk-Inner-Cap-/200886309199 from Mr Mora, but double check with him first. My normal black pen has that sure click, but my Patrician is anemic as well.

Tony

JazzDoc
May 30th, 2013, 12:27 PM
For the Man 100 you might want to replace the inner cap. Something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterman-Man-100-Cap-Crown-GF-Waterman-Disk-Inner-Cap-/200886309199 from Mr Mora, but double check with him first. My normal black pen has that sure click, but my Patrician is anemic as well.

Tony

Thanks, Tony - great lead!