PDA

View Full Version : button filler

john
July 7th, 2013, 06:55 PM
I've just bought a vintage pen and have to replace the old ink sac. Would anyone can teach me how to remove the old sac and install a new sac for the button filler?
Thanks a lot.

dgator
July 7th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I've just bought a vintage pen and have to replace the old ink sac. Would anyone can teach me how to remove the old sac and install a new sac for the button filler?
Thanks a lot.

Hi John,

I've never done this myself, however I stumbled upon a link that may be helpful:

http://munsonpens.wordpress.com/2007/12/29/janesville-wisconsin-button-fill/

john
July 7th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks a lot.

Hi John,

I've never done this myself, however I stumbled upon a link that may be helpful:

http://munsonpens.wordpress.com/2007/12/29/janesville-wisconsin-button-fill/Thanks for the information. After I receive the pen, I start my experiment on restoring it. Also there is no repairman for fountain pens in Hong Kong so I have to do it by myself. Just like to fix and build my electric guitars:)

Chi Town
July 8th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Hi John, I have done some Button fillers and would be glad to help guide you thru the repair.....

1st - what kind of pen is it?

Chi Town
July 8th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Thanks a lot.

Go to the Thread; 1920's Parker Duofold overhaul, and it will explain to you what you need to do. If you have any questions I will be happy to help you!

Best Regards,
Mike

john
July 8th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Thanks a lot.

Go to the Thread; 1920's Parker Duofold overhaul, and it will explain to you what you need to do. If you have any questions I will be happy to help you!

Best Regards,
MikeThanks a lot Chi Town:).

john
July 8th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Hi John, I have done some Button fillers and would be glad to help guide you thru the repair.....

1st - what kind of pen is it?The "Eric" button filler.