PDA

View Full Version : Disassembled Parker 51 Double Jewel Vacumatic

grandmia
September 18th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Hi all...Here we have a Parker 51 DJ Vacumatic showing all the components of the pen...

http://youtu.be/HW5FEeF3YvA

Flounder
September 18th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Nice to see everything so very clean before reassembly, isn't it!

I notice the anodising is very good on the vacumatic filller unit threads. I've been thinking about wrapping a length of teflon tape round them before removal in the future, so the anodising is not marred during extraction. Is that what you've done here?

grandmia
September 18th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Nice to see everything so very clean before reassembly, isn't it!

I notice the anodising is very good on the vacumatic filller unit threads. I've been thinking about wrapping a length of teflon tape round them before removal in the future, so the anodising is not marred during extraction. Is that what you've done here?
Hi... Yes most parts came up nicely after careful cleaning. Ive just finished the pen tonight wow what a gorgeous pen. Video to follow.
I do not wrap anything around the thread I tend to soak and heat until it is as loose as it ever will be then use gentle force for removal. I suppose using tape will do no harm if it helps.

ac12
September 18th, 2013, 11:06 PM
What is equally important and interesting is a video of the disassembly process.
Things like how to get the pellet out of the pump w/o breaking the pump.

grandmia
September 19th, 2013, 02:20 PM
What is equally important and interesting is a video of the disassembly process.
Things like how to get the pellet out of the pump w/o breaking the pump.

Some of the disassembly process are covered in other videos, therefore I do not want to repeat videos..Thanks for your comment.