PDA

View Full Version : Reassemble FPR Dilli Pen

AtomicLeo
January 18th, 2014, 11:15 AM
The back cap on my Dilli popped off and now I have removed the piston. Unfortunately, I can't seem to put this back together. Anyone else disassemble their Dilli and put it back together again?

KrazyIvan
January 18th, 2014, 11:24 AM
SBRE Brown has this but he said the piston was not removable.

:jaw:

http://youtu.be/yxvpsW9WWsM

AtomicLeo
January 20th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I saw that video too. :-( Have a bad feeling that I now own a 'parts' pen.

welch
January 24th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I saw that video too. :-( Have a bad feeling that I now own a 'parts' pen.

Ouch!

You might ask Kevin Thiemann, who is FPR. He and family assemble all of them. Perhaps a picture might help Kevin...who is one of the truly good-hearted and helpful people in the pen trade. In fact, all but one or two pen people are friendly and helpful. I don't know why. Maybe that they love fountain pens and it pleases them to help someone, adding to the list of the FP-obsessed.

Examples:

- I was at a pen show and asked Ron Zorn to replace a sac on a late-40s Onoto lever-filling "Penmaster", as well as to tighten the clip. Ron started talking, joking, looking me in the eye. Just behind me, in his repair line, was a bashful teenager with a classic pen: a Pelikan 100. His parents were encouraging him to ask questions about his very collectible -- special -- Pelikan. Ron's joking was mostly intended, I thought, to make the teenager more comfortable. Ron replaced the sac without looking...entirely by feel. I then asked him to tighten the clip, and he handed me the pen. He had removed the cap jewel, pulled the clip, bent the clip back into shape...again, without looking.

- Dr David Isaacson specializes in Parker Vacs and Snorkels. Most often you'll find Dr David on the Fountain Pen Board, and when you do, he is eager to share his (masterful) knowledge of Vacumatics and other Parker and Sheaffer pens.

Those are just two pen people. There are many others.