PDA

View Full Version : Pendleton Brown - Opinions?

twieleba
February 23rd, 2014, 01:35 PM
I'm thinking about sending my MB 144 with an M nib to Mr. Brown to get his "Pendleton-point" regrind. Anyone else have this done who could attest to his craftsmanship?

MisterBoll
February 23rd, 2014, 04:31 PM
Not with an MB 144 but his work is amazing and will yield a pen that is a delight to write with.

tandaina
February 23rd, 2014, 04:43 PM
I love Pendleton. :)

He's ground a number of my pens. Rescued a very, very expensive pen that I utterly hated the nib on. He'll gladly mail the pen back and forth a couple times adjusting it after you've tried the grind (I haven't needed this). Give him lots of info on what you like and he'll make sure you are happy. And he's just a fun fellow, if you can go to a pen show and sit and have him grind with you there it is a great way to spend some time and he'll keep at it until you are 1000% satisfied. I was in line behind a very exacting gentleman and Pendleton adjusted that nib until the feel was just right, took him maybe 40 minutes of minute adjustments, but he kept at it.

He's a good guy, I'd send anything to him.

Jon Szanto
February 23rd, 2014, 04:47 PM
I love Pendleton. :)

He's ground a number of my pens. Rescued a very, very expensive pen that I utterly hated the nib on. He'll gladly mail the pen back and forth a couple times adjusting it after you've tried the grind (I haven't needed this). Give him lots of info on what you like and he'll make sure you are happy. And he's just a fun fellow, if you can go to a pen show and sit and have him grind with you there it is a great way to spend some time and he'll keep at it until you are 1000% satisfied. I was in line behind a very exacting gentleman and Pendleton adjusted that nib until the feel was just right, took him maybe 40 minutes of minute adjustments, but he kept at it.

He's a good guy, I'd send anything to him.

This. She said it all.

kaisnowbird
February 28th, 2014, 06:55 AM
+1 from me.

I sent Pendleton my OM Lamy 2000 and turned it into his signature point in Medium. It is one of my absolute favourite nibs.

manoeuver
February 28th, 2014, 08:53 AM
I've got Pendleton Points on 3 or 4 pens. Some of my favorite writers, and I'll vouch for Pendleton as one of my favorite people in the community. I always spend at least a couple hours at his table during the course of a pen show.

kaisnowbird
March 1st, 2014, 01:07 AM
I've got Pendleton Points on 3 or 4 pens. Some of my favorite writers, and I'll vouch for Pendleton as one of my favorite people in the community. I always spend at least a couple hours at his table during the course of a pen show.

Lucky you!