PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Pen Club meeting

@penfancy
May 17th, 2012, 11:23 AM
We had a Nibmiester from San Antonio come host our meeting last week. Gustavo. I didn't get his last name. Here is a link to his website.
http://www.nibgrinding.com/

I could go over all that he mentioned about pen maintenance but it's listed on his site. Please stop by and pay him a visit.
Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

KrazyIvan
May 17th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I just happened on his website last week. I like this point from his website:

If some one asks, should I lend my pen?

Everyone writes at a different angle, and with different pressure. When you use your fountain pen it adapts and "molds" itself to your individual writing style. Slight changes will occur if someone else uses your pen.

I lent my Parker 21 to someone here at work, when I got it back I just capped it and went about my business. After about 15 minutes, I needed the pen. I opened it to a blob of ink all over the hood. Never had that happened to me and it never happened again. I also don't lend my fountain pens to non-fountain pen users unless under strict supervision now.

@penfancy
May 17th, 2012, 05:38 PM
You got that right! I try to always have a rollerball on me to lend. I keep the cap so it won't walk away.:eek:

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

goldiesdad
May 18th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Wow I just missed a get together ... Bummer when is the next one either in San Antonio or Austin I will try to attend.

heath
September 11th, 2013, 02:05 PM
and also make a copy of them into a Paperchase Da Vinci notebook.

Can you explain how you do this, or even better, post some pictures?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

jar
September 11th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I'd be really worried about letting anyone that said that ever working on one of my pens.