PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Waterman

Rollo the Cat
June 19th, 2012, 12:23 PM
My Waterman Charleston seems to be leaking from the top part of the section, where it meets the body of the pen. It is very difficult to see-in fact I can't see the crack. I can see the ink that spills out into the inside of the pen, the threads and my hand. But I am pretty sure that is where it is coming from.

What can be done to seal this up?

fountainpenkid
June 19th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Could you take a picture of where this is happening? I'm a bit hesitant to reccomend silicone grease if I don't know where the leak is....

Best!

Will

jfsisler
June 20th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Do you mean leaking from the top when you write with it unposted. I have a vintage Harmonie that leaks that way and I'm hesitant to use it even though it's one of my favorites for this reason.

Rollo the Cat
June 20th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I don't have a camera, believ it or not, but I'll try to get a picture of it soon from someone.

Leaking from the top? Not really, it is the part of the section that meets the pen body. There is a very fine seem there it seems and that is where I suspect the leak is coming from.

jfsisler
June 21st, 2012, 04:42 AM
Oh I see, your pen leaks from the section where the nib and pen body meet, is that right? Mine leaks around the little gold button at the top and I can't for the life of me figure out how. I thought it was just because I didn't have the converter in properly but I'm not sure what's going on.........:confused: