Thread: InCoWriMo envelopes

Thanks

Default InCoWriMo envelopes

I have made some printable InCoWriMo and InkARhino envelopes using the graphics that were on the site during previous years. I just went looking for them to see what sort of copyright statement or attribution I needed to give them, but I can't find them. (If you know where they came from, perhaps you can direct me, and then I'll attribute them correctly.)

If you are interested you can click the attachment links for the one(s) you like and download the PDF directly or there are some instructions (if needed) and links on their web page. The most important instruction is to download and print using Adobe Reader (not your browser's PDF viewer) using the "Actual Size" setting in the print dialogue.

There are four designs, but they are all the same size (American size 6, 4 3/4" x 6 1/2").

envelope InCoWriMo A-6.pdf

envelope InCoWriMo 6-Bar.pdf

envelope InkARhino A-6.pdf

envelope InkARhino 6-Bar.pdf

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mrcharlie For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Bogon07 (January 15th, 2015), caribbean_skye (January 15th, 2015), Crazyorange (January 17th, 2015), earthdawn (February 11th, 2015), elaineb (February 13th, 2015), faithdonna (January 16th, 2015), fncll (January 17th, 2015), Hendy (January 16th, 2015), Holsworth (January 15th, 2015), Mags (February 13th, 2015), Potter (January 26th, 2015), sgtstretch (January 15th, 2015), ThriveToScribe (February 15th, 2015), Tracy Lee (January 15th, 2015), VertOlive (February 10th, 2015), ypsilanti (January 17th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,642 Posts

Default Re: InCoWriMo envelopes

How did I miss this? Thank you!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

mrcharlie (March 2nd, 2015)

Thanks

Wow,
    so bad that I found it just now...
    "Erro, Vitae Vias Ignoro." - Raí B. Toffoletto (Tintas&Penas)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to raibtoffoletto For This Useful Post:

Thanks

FWIW, I've found I like these printed on light shades of colored/pastel paper instead of plain white paper. They somehow seem so much nicer that way.

As for only finding them now; there is always next year. Or using them with pen pals to advertise for next year.

Also if you like making envelopes with your own logos/graphics, you can check out the main envelope template page I posted about, and grab the Open Office Draw native files. The graphics for InCoWriMo/InkARhino are in their own "layer" on the basic template (those layers are turned off for printing and display by default), and a good guide for the placement of your own logos or graphics, and on the "baronial" (aka pointy flap) version a guide to the angle you need to use. The angle is straightforward on the Announcement/A-6 version.

The cad files will work in the "Draw" component of Open Office and should also work with LibreOffice.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrcharlie For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (February 28th, 2015), Xina (February 28th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 943 Posts

Thank you Mr. Charlie for sharing these.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Onogaro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Very nice. I used the Rhino A-6 printed at 80% so they'd fit these 5x7 folded cards. Had to color in the ink splotch manually since the color cartridge in my printer is mostly dead.
    Last edited by radellaf; March 1st, 2015 at 08:50 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to radellaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrcharlie View Post
    Also if you like making envelopes with your own logos/graphics, you can check out the main envelope template page I posted about, and grab the Open Office Draw native files.
    Thank you so much for the plain envelope templates!! I just spent an hour making envelopes from many different papers. Here's a couple ideas for papers to use, besides catalogue pages.

- maps, I used a large atlas that had pages big enough to cut out an 8.5"x11" sheet to print
    - sheets of scrapbooking paper, found in many interesting designs at craft stores like Michaels here in the US, sold by the sheet.
    - magazines
    - old calendar pages
    - sheet music or music books

I printed 1 copy onto cardstock and cut it out for a template to use on papers that wouldn't go through my laser printer. Ink jets can probably take most things, but lasers use heat to set the toner and you don't want to melt something inside the printer! So I traced that template onto a sheet of clear plastic. This gives me a sheet I can lay onto papers to find the best placement for any graphics they have.

Now that I have a pile of envelopes, I guess I'll have to keep writing InCoWriMo letters for a while.

Thanks again, @ mrcharlie!! Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Xina; March 3rd, 2015 at 12:11 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xina For This Useful Post:

caribbean_skye (March 2nd, 2015), mrcharlie (March 2nd, 2015), VertOlive (March 4th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radellaf View Post
    Very nice. I used the Rhino A-6 printed at 80% so they'd fit these 5x7 folded cards. Had to color in the ink splotch manually since the color cartridge in my printer is mostly dead.
    That should work; if you don't need the logos the A-1 sized envelope should fit these cards. I printed a page of them on the heaviest paper I have handy (only 120 gsm); thanks for the link.

Thanks

Yes, the A-1 would work, nice selection of sizes there. I hadn't looked at the main templates page when I worked out the 80%. Got a lot of use out of those, about half the month after I ran out of the box of Peter Pauper Press "real" cards.

I also have some odd 6.5x9.5" stationery from Barnes & Noble that I see can fit the A-6 at 103% which gives me a just big enough 4 7/8 x 6 3/4" envelope. In case I need a few spares. The side flaps on the straight version are still plenty wide enough for the glue stick.

I wondered if that was monarch size, but that's 7 1/4" x 10 7/8" by American Stationery (or 10 1/2" according to Crane) and apparently is supposed to be tri-folded. The #10 can be taken down to 91% but is still too wide to be a match. Still, centered, that at least gives the #10 template enough breathing room for a better flap-overlap on a letter size sheet where height is the dimension being pushed to the limit rather than width.

Too many paper sizes, I tell you. Not that I actually have any monarch stationery, I just looked it up because of the B&N stuff. I remember Levenger in the 1990s making a big deal of Crane's monarch sheets. A half fold 6x9 or 5x7 is much nicer for personal letters, I think.

Thanks

I also have some odd 6.5x9.5" stationery from Barnes & Noble that I see can fit the A-6 at 103% which gives me a just big enough 4 7/8 x 6 3/4" envelope.
    I have some 6 x 9.5 paper (I think) that will bi-fold into the "103% A6" envelope instead of tri-folding into a "6 3/4" envelope; I'll have to try that.

I wondered if that was monarch size, but that's 7 1/4" x 10 7/8" by American Stationery (or 10 1/2" according to Crane) and apparently is supposed to be tri-folded.
    According to wikipedia, the Crane 7.25 x 10.5 is correct. And according to my favorite web reference of standardized north american envelope sizes, the Monarch envelope is 3 7/8 x 7 1/2, which is sized for a tri-fold of the Monarch paper in much the same way as a #10 works with Letter sized paper, or a DL envelope works with A4 for non-North Americans.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrcharlie For This Useful Post:

radellaf (March 11th, 2015), Xina (March 6th, 2015)