Thread: P45 Converter Resac

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

Default P45 Converter Resac

The sac for this converter is supposedly a 17 necked taper. I don't have this particular sac on hand but since it is a personal pen I test fit a normal 17 straight sac. This was too big and barely went in deep enough to go just beyond the opening for the pressure bar. It turns out a 15 straight is the one that fits best. Does the 17 necked taper sac taper down to 15 or is the information stating the proper sac is a 17 necked taper incorrect?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

Default Re: P45 Converter Resac

Quote Originally Posted by RayCornett View Post
    The sac for this converter is supposedly a 17 necked taper. I don't have this particular sac on hand but since it is a personal pen I test fit a normal 17 straight sac. This was too big and barely went in deep enough to go just beyond the opening for the pressure bar. It turns out a 15 straight is the one that fits best. Does the 17 necked taper sac taper down to 15 or is the information stating the proper sac is a 17 necked taper incorrect?
    The size is 16 tapered, not 17. I don't think the original was necked, just tapered. A 15-straight would be about the right compromise in a straight sac. I used a pli-glass replacement. The action is stiff, which I wasn't expecting, but it shouldn't need replacing again.
    --
    Mike

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

Makes sense. The info I read is probably just wrong. There is no way a 17 or even 16 fits. Just trying to make sure it wasn't just me lol

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

All done!