Thread: Ink Review: Pelikan Edelstein "Ink of the Year 2012" Turmaline

Thanks
    Thanked 10,512 Times in 4,019 Posts

Default Ink Review: Pelikan Edelstein "Ink of the Year 2012" Turmaline

Pelikan Edelstein "Ink of the Year 2012" Turmaline.

From the GIA: "Tourmaline’s colors have many different causes. It’s generally agreed that traces of iron, and possibly titanium, induce green and blue colors. Manganese produces reds and pinks, and possibly yellows."

According to Pelikan, their Edelstein Turmaline is a plum coloured ink. I would call it pink. Some might call it dark pink, and some might call it bright pink. It is a lovely shade of pink for writers who like to use pink ink. It's very well behaved, very smooth to write with, flows well and lubricates the nib well. It's a high quality ink.

This is what Pelikan say about it: "Every 50 ml high-value glass flacon is unique. The rich weight and soft curves make it a pleasure to hold in your hands. It‘s an ornament on every desk... Eye candy in every detail, a perfect gift for yourself and those you love.

Please note our always changing Ink of the Year, which brings a fresh and modern Edelstein Ink color to you – limited to one year only.

Product description
    Exclusive Ink Collection in a precious 50 ml flacon.
    The Edelstein Ink Collection comprises twelve brilliant colors with a special ingredient that ensures extra smooth writing and care for the fountain pen.

The German word Edelstein translates as gem stone, and each color corresponds to the beautiful coloring of a gem."

• This isn't a waterproof or archival ink.

• Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, and the nib was a Fine, this ink took 16-18 secs to dry

• It flows wet, and lubricates the nib very well. It's such a smooth writing experience.

• It is currently available in beautiful 50ml glass flacons and cartridges

• It is available from many B&M shops and online retailers worldwide, but is a one year Limited Edition.

Pelikan Turmaline.jpg

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (May 25th, 2015), Jeph (May 23rd, 2015), Laura N (May 23rd, 2015), Uncle Bud (May 23rd, 2015), Xina (May 24th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review: Pelikan Edelstein "Ink of the Year 2012" Turmaline

I am a fan of many pink inks, and I'm a huge fan of this one. As you say, it behaves nicely, too. I've never had an issue cleaning it out of a pen. Lovely review! Although hardly a Yink, this weekend I should ink up a pink.