Thread: Diamine Hope Pink Review

Thanks

Red face Diamine Hope Pink Review

This review is also live on my blog at http://inkoutsidethebottle.tk/ so check it out there too! (Pretty please?)

Diamine is a British ink manufacturer that makes all types of inks, from fountain pen inks to stamp pads. In the U.S., they are mostly known for their huge selection of different fountain pen inks, found Here. They offer both 30mL and 80mL bottles and are readily available in most places that offer ink.

Diamine released Hope Pink a while back in both 30mL and 80mL sizes, and donates a part of all sales to breast cancer research. This is a very noble cause for Diamine, so if you really enjoy pink inks, get this one!

Hope Pink is super bright and vibrant, not it is not "neon" per se. A whole page of it does get quite a bit hard to read, so I would NOT recommend writing a term paper in this, no matter how tempting (unless you want to spite the professor). It is quite in between some more neutral reds, like Rouge Hematite, and some more crazy ones like Noodler's Rachmaninoff.

I actually like this color very much, and it is often in my daily rotation. Great for making a bold and bright statement on casual things. Here is a writing sample of it.
    All these photos of the writing used were taken with an iPhone 6 and have been color corrected to the best of my ability. They mostly represent the true color of the ink, regardless of the lighting conditions. Find me on FPN as musicman123!

The review was written with my favorite, the Nemosine Singularity Demonstrator, in a TWSBI B nib. The TWSBI B is slightly finer than the Nemosine B, but not by much. It's only a hairline difference.

The paper used is standard HP 32lb Premium Laser Paper, found readily at Staples and Amazon. The paper takes ink just as well, if not better, than Rhodia and Clairefontaine. It is my go-to paper for all tasks.

Here is the swab of the ink.

This ink is well behaved on paper, but does exhibit some problems in a pen. The ink is very wet and has a high amount of lubrication. There is some shading as you can see, with no feathering, show through (ghosting), or bleed through. However, the ink does stain clear converters and barrels. I would not recommend using this ink in a demonstrator, unless you want to have a pink barrel. I filled a converter with this for a week, and found the converter thoroughly stained. It took about a month of normal usage for the stains to go away.

It takes about 14-15 seconds for this ink to dry on my paper. It's not bad considering how smooth and glossy it is.

Here is a water test. The top grid had drops of water placed for 10 seconds, then vigorously wiped downwards. The bottom text did not receive any drops of water and was only wiped with in the same motion as the grid. The ink was average in this field. There is definitely some lifting of the ink in the grid, but it is still visible. There is a good amount of wet smear, but it's not the worst.

Lastly, here is a scan of the review. Use the scan to read the rest of the review. I did not intend for it to show color accuracy. The pictures are the most accurate representation of the color.

That's all folks! All in all, I really like this ink, but I would like it more if it didn't stain!
    Stay tuned for more to come!
    Do what you love to do and give it your very best. Whether it's business or baseball, or the theater, or any field. If you don't love what you're doing and you can't give it your best, get out of it. Life is too short. You'll be an old man before you know it.

Check out my pen blog at http://inksandpens.com/

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to musicman123 For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (July 7th, 2015), Chrissy (July 7th, 2015), Crazyorange (July 3rd, 2015), Haefennasiel (August 16th, 2015), Jeph (July 3rd, 2015), KKay (January 28th, 2016), Lady Onogaro (July 3rd, 2015), migo984 (July 3rd, 2015), reprieve (July 3rd, 2015), Scrawler (July 3rd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

Default Re: Diamine Hope Pink Review

Nice review!

I also have a bottle of this ink. Saturated enough to be legible without loss of the cheerful, clean pink color.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Nice review!

I also have a bottle of this ink. Saturated enough to be legible without loss of the cheerful, clean pink color.
    Yep! Also, not too bright like highlighter colors. I feel fine writing quite a lot with it.
    Do what you love to do and give it your very best. Whether it's business or baseball, or the theater, or any field. If you don't love what you're doing and you can't give it your best, get out of it. Life is too short. You'll be an old man before you know it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Thank you for the really thorough review - it's amazing just how different pink inks can be. I like Hope Pink but tend to prefer the slightly more muted pinks overall.

I have these two incoming; I have high expectations....... 😊
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (July 7th, 2015), Crazyorange (July 3rd, 2015), Lady Onogaro (July 3rd, 2015), Neo (August 14th, 2015), VertOlive (July 3rd, 2015)

just a little bird floating on a hurricane
    Thanks

Which Kobe ink is that, migo?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reprieve View Post
    Which Kobe ink is that, migo?
    It's Renoir Pink.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

Thank you musicman! I liked the writing sample on the laser paper. I might have to get at least a sample of that to try it out.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    Thank you for the really thorough review - it's amazing just how different pink inks can be. I like Hope Pink but tend to prefer the slightly more muted pinks overall.

I have these two incoming; I have high expectations....... 
    Those are extremely cute boxes! How much did you get the Kobe for?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Onogaro View Post
    Thank you musicman! I liked the writing sample on the laser paper. I might have to get at least a sample of that to try it out.
    Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by musicman123 View Post

Those are extremely cute boxes! How much did you get the Kobe for?
    A little bit more than standard Kobe inks, but less than the Maruzen Athena.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

musicman123 (July 4th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

I have these two incoming; I have high expectations....... ��
    Well we're definitely going to need to see some writing samples!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks
    Thanked 10,493 Times in 4,013 Posts

It's a nice purply pink and I like it. Thanks for the review

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post

I have these two incoming; I have high expectations....... 😊
    Well we're definitely going to need to see some writing samples!
    I'll see what I can do - although with the current Sailor bespoke inks situation I might just never use them and hoard all mine for ever! 😉
    Or maybe sell them for a zillion £s per bottle (wow how much could I get for my Sweet Potato Purples....?) LOL

Thanks

Thanks musicman.

I purchased a bottle to help support those who are battling this terrible disease.

It is a good ink to make comments on manuscripts and I like it as it legible and easily visible without being radioactive. It also cleans up rather well when I change colors.