Thread: Wahl Eversharp Oxford Replacement Section

Thanks

Default Wahl Eversharp Oxford Replacement Section

I won a really nice example of a WAhl Eversharp Oxford on ebay, with a wonderful fleet gold nib; however, the sac nipple is horribly cracked and chipped. Does anyone know where I might source a replacement section?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Default Re: Wahl Eversharp Oxford Replacement Section

You might drop Syd Saperstein a line. I know he still does a bit of W-E repair work, though most of his time is spent on the new company. Should be able to reach him at wahlnut@pensburymanor.com. If that doesn't pan out, you might drop a line to Robert Lott at Five Star Pens, Robert@FiveStarPens.com.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Default Re: Wahl Eversharp Oxford Replacement Section

If you can't find a section, you may be able to make a new nipple out of an empty ink cartridge. A Parker cartridge works well for this, since it is tapered, and you can cut out the part that is appropriate in size. You can cut down part of the old nipple (or not) and glue the small section of cartridge into the old nipple, using the taper so that it is larger diameter toward the back. This will help keep the sac on. I have used this several times and it worked fine.
    Regards,
    Allan

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx