Thread: And Now for the main site

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Default And Now for the main site

Now that Eric is back on board, perhaps we can learn what the fate of the main FPG page will be. I, for one, miss the announcements and reviews etc. Eric?
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to writingrav For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (July 14th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (July 14th, 2015), reprieve (July 14th, 2015), TerraNoir (July 16th, 2015), tiffanyhenschel (July 14th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

Default Re: And Now for the main site

Is this true? Have things been transpiring while my attentions have been elsewhere? I wish I did not have other things to do, then I might be able to pay attention and not always be the last to know. What is the word on his formal dress and bow tie? Has he adjusted his attitude to appeal to the complaining milksops? Does he even care? I hope not.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrawler For This Useful Post:

Cob (July 15th, 2015)

Thanks

writingrav!

Your request for information regarding the fate of the main FPG site deserves a well thought-out response. I'm very glad you've broached the subject because it really is time to either - as they say - complete the activity for which one has entered the loo or evacuate the premises.

At the moment, however, I'm cogitating upon the abundant site feedback left in another thread. I've come to a conclusion (thanks in no small part to you, by the way) and will shortly publish my thoughts on the matter (that other matter, the subject of the other thread, not the FPG main site matter).

But once the other thread has my thoughts, I can devote time to deciding how best to respond to your request for information - and I shall do so!

--

Scrawler!

No need to lament the fact that your life is full enough to have attention grabbing events outside these forum walls. I can neither deny nor confirm that one or two things may or may not have transpired while you were out of the office, but I have full faith in your abilities to quickly get up to speed should that be necessary.

The word on my formal dress and bow tie has not changed: I should definitely be on the cover of GQ Magazine at least once per year.

Adjust my attitude? Perish the thought! =)

--

I shall return to this thread when I have my thoughts together - perhaps as early as this weekend.

=) Eric

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eriquito For This Useful Post:

Dreck (July 15th, 2015), inklord (June 24th, 2016), krazyklod (July 17th, 2015), Scrawler (July 16th, 2015), sharmon202 (July 15th, 2015), Special K (July 15th, 2015), Woody (February 15th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

Well, Eric the only adjustment *I* would suggest is a well fitted kilt to go with your tails (or a Prince Charlie jacket) as everyone knows the *best* dressed men know to show off their knees for the ladies.
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tandaina For This Useful Post:

inklord (June 24th, 2016), Lady Onogaro (July 15th, 2015), Scrawler (July 16th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eriquito View Post
    writingrav!

Your request for information regarding the fate of the main FPG site deserves a well thought-out response. I'm very glad you've broached the subject because it really is time to either - as they say - complete the activity for which one has entered the loo or evacuate the premises.

At the moment, however, I'm cogitating upon the abundant site feedback left in another thread. I've come to a conclusion (thanks in no small part to you, by the way) and will shortly publish my thoughts on the matter (that other matter, the subject of the other thread, not the FPG main site matter).

But once the other thread has my thoughts, I can devote time to deciding how best to respond to your request for information - and I shall do so!

--

=) Eric
    Thank you for your response , Eric. I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you are ready to deliver them. If you give me a day's notice I'll put on my formals before reading them (if they still fit.)
    Best
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

I have the Tux and Tricorn Hat ready. Tis the dress of a Master of a Masonic Lodge - and as I am one, the Tux and Top Hat is always ready.

I too await the news

cw by Carl Wood, on Flickr
    Last edited by cwent2; July 15th, 2015 at 09:16 PM.
    Cw

“Life is short, Break the Rules.
    Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
    Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
    And never regret ANYTHING
    That makes you smile.”
    ― Mark Twain

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

I'm very glad you've broached the subject because it really is time to either - as they say - complete the activity for which one has entered the loo or evacuate the premises.
    To paraphrase: It's time to evacuate, or evacuate!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cwent2 View Post
    I have the Tux and Tricorn Hat ready. Tis the dress of a Master of a Masonic Lodge - and as I am one, the Tux and Top Hat is always ready.

I too await the news

cw by Carl Wood, on Flickr
    Well met brother. When I sit in the east it will be in the kilt of my grand lodge.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eriquito View Post
    writingrav!

--

Scrawler!

No need to lament the fact that your life is full enough to have attention grabbing events outside these forum walls. I can neither deny nor confirm that one or two things may or may not have transpired while you were out of the office, but I have full faith in your abilities to quickly get up to speed should that be necessary.

The word on my formal dress and bow tie has not changed: I should definitely be on the cover of GQ Magazine at least once per year.

Adjust my attitude? Perish the thought! =)

--

I shall return to this thread when I have my thoughts together - perhaps as early as this weekend.

=) Eric
    I would really much rather not have the kind of 16 hours a day of busy I have at the moment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    Well, Eric the only adjustment *I* would suggest is a well fitted kilt to go with your tails (or a Prince Charlie jacket) as everyone knows the *best* dressed men know to show off their knees for the ladies.
    I do not need the competition.

Thanks

I joined FPGeeks after the main page came down but it sounds like it was a great resource. From my reading the site has been down for over a year now, is there any plan to bring it back? Eric mentioned he was preparing a longer response to this question but I can't find where (or if) that thread was posted.