Thread: NEW INK REVIEW: Diamine Shimmertastic Ink Sparkling Shadows

Thanks
    Thanked 10,466 Times in 4,006 Posts

Default NEW INK REVIEW: Diamine Shimmertastic Ink Sparkling Shadows

Following on from my thread announcing the launch of Diamine Shimmertastic inks, I am happy to post my reviews of them.

This one is Sparkling Shadows This ink is grey with a great gold sheen

My reviews show you my experiences with these inks in several of my pens. I’ve experimented by having these inks in my pens for weeks, and have intermittently written with them to see how they start, and how they write. I must say I’m pleasantly surprised. I’ve experienced no feathering with any of them, and they have all behaved really well for me.

Diamine recommend that you gently agitate the bottle to mix the particles through the ink before filling your pen. They also recommend that you gently agitate your pen to mix the particles with the ink in your pen when starting a new writing session.

I recommend good FP maintenance when using ink that contains particles. I suggest you clean your pens out a little more frequently than you might do with normal ink.

These inks will come in 50ml glass bottles, and they have either gold or silver particles in them.

Diamine Sparkling Shadows.jpeg
    Diamine Sparkling Shadows7.jpgDiamine Sparkling Shadows5.jpg

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

anser_penna (August 27th, 2015), Bogon07 (August 27th, 2015), Cookies (August 28th, 2015), Crazyorange (August 28th, 2015), Faustine (August 28th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (August 27th, 2015), Laura N (August 27th, 2015), Marsilius (August 27th, 2015), naimitsu (August 28th, 2015), Neo (August 27th, 2015), Newjelan (August 29th, 2015), rafapa (August 28th, 2015), reprieve (August 28th, 2015), Robert (August 28th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (August 27th, 2015)

Thanks

Default Re: NEW INK REVIEW: Diamine Shimmertastic Ink Sparkling Shadows

Thank you! So how do you think this compares to the J. Herbin Stormy Grey?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,466 Times in 4,006 Posts

It's darker and more saturated, and it seems to show up the sheen slightly better than my bottle of Stormy Grey.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Marsilius (October 5th, 2016)

Thanks

I have been doubtful that I would find grey inks interesting, but recently I have been enjoying Rohrer & Klingner Sepia, is is grey with a brown tint, at least to my eye. Sparkling Shadows may help open up grey ink as a color I want to pay more attention to.