Thread: Ink Review: Kaweco Ruby Red

Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,017 Posts

Default Ink Review: Kaweco Ruby Red

I have recently posted a review of the Kaweco AC Sport Red LE pen in the pen reviews forum. Here.

I am adding a separate review of the Kaweco Ruby Red ink that I used in that pen when I tested it. I used a cartridge, and the Kaweco AC Sport Red LE pen has a F black, steel nib. I also used a 1.1mm steel nib in the same pen as a comparison. It looks much more saturated with the 1.1mm nib.

This is an excellent red ink. It leans towards the red/pink end of the scale, which I much prefer, rather than those that lean towards the red/orange end of the scale. In fact some might suggest that Orchid Rose was a more apt description of it's colour than Ruby Red. I think it could even be described as a dark pink or cerise. It is a really well behaved ink and I can highly recommend it as a top quality ink.

I should mention here that you might still find some older bottles of Kaweco Ruby Red ink, maybe even some that are sold as Orchid Rose. The inks are a very similar colour. However, you can tell if you have one of the newest bottles because the name of the ink is now printed on the box. It's also on the cartridge packs. Ruby Red cartridges come in a darker red pack than the older ink, and they now have Kaweco branding on each cartridge.

This ink isn't waterproof, and it doesn't stain fingers.

Kaweco ink is made in Germany. It is available in 30ml bottles or packs containing 6 standard international sized cartridges.

Kaweco Ruby.jpeg

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

aurore (November 25th, 2020), Crazyorange (November 16th, 2015), DMurphy (November 21st, 2015), JackdeSpadas (November 27th, 2015), Jeph (November 14th, 2015), klpeabody (November 27th, 2015), Marsilius (November 29th, 2015), naimitsu (November 18th, 2015), Neo (November 14th, 2015)

Thanks

Default Re: Ink Review: Kaweco Ruby Red

Excellent ink comparisons in this review. Thanks, Chrissy.
    Beware of oblique conclusions.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to klpeabody For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (November 27th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,017 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review: Kaweco Ruby Red

Quote Originally Posted by klpeabody View Post
    Excellent ink comparisons in this review. Thanks, Chrissy.
    Thank you klpeabody.

Actually, I could also have used Caran d'Ache Sunset as a comparison, as that's also a similar colour, but one that is more difficult to find now. I sometimes need more than 3 spaces for comparison inks. One day I should redo the form.....