Thread: Ink Review: Kaweco Summer Purple

Thanks
    Thanked 10,481 Times in 4,009 Posts

Default Ink Review: Kaweco Summer Purple

I previously reviewed the Kaweco Brass Sport pen Here and Kaweco Summer Purple ink was the ink I used in that pen when I reviewed it.

This is a separate review for Kaweco Summer Purple ink. This is the latest shade of purple from Kaweco. Their previous purple ink was called Aubergine Purple and came in a brighter purple box. You might still find some older bottles of Kaweco Aubergine Purple ink. You can tell if you have one of the newest bottles because the name of the ink is now printed on the box. It's also on the cartridge packs and Kaweco branding is now on each cartridge.

Kaweco Summer Purple is a bright purple ink that fits it's name quite nicely. It flowed well across the page and lubricated the nib of the Kaweco Brass Sport nicely. It's a good quality ink.

This ink is water based, and isn't waterproof. It's quite water resistant though. It doesn't stain fingers.

Kaweco ink is made in Germany. It is available in 30ml bottles or packs containing 6 standard international sized cartridges.

Kaweco Summer Purple.jpg
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 3rd, 2022 at 03:16 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

friday (December 9th, 2015), klpeabody (November 27th, 2015), Misfit (January 3rd, 2023), mrcharlie (November 25th, 2015), Neo (November 25th, 2015), rpsyed (January 17th, 2016), Yazeh (July 15th, 2020)