Thread: FS: Sheaffer Snorkel, Esterbrook Copper, Morrison's Ringtop 14K Gold

Thanks
    Thanked 6,714 Times in 1,973 Posts

Default FS: Sheaffer Snorkel, Esterbrook Copper, Morrison's Ringtop 14K Gold

**** This ad is now superseded with a newer one.

Three vintage pens on the display:

1. Sheaffer Snorkel "Valiant" in Burgundy
    Nib: Sheaffer 14K. I dip test it and find an excellent and smooth M (this is the star of the pen)
    Note: This pen is begging to be restored. After cleaning, the snorkel extends and retract just fine, but when I test it with water, it does not hold water. There is a crack on the cap and a dull circle near the Sheaffer engraving on the barrel.
    Price: $45 OBO

2. Esterbrook J in Copper color

Nib: 9314-F Relief Stub. A firm F nib. Excellent for sketching or writing where consistent lines are desirable.
    Note: Sac replaced and I test it for days. Will ship it to you with Diamine Ancient Copper in the pen, or I can flush it, just tell me which you prefer.
    Writing Sample:
    Price: $45

3. A Rare Morrison's Gold Ringtop (14k gold rolled body and 14k Nib)

Nib: Warranted 14K
    Note: On the body of the pen, there is a 14K engraving, which means the body was rolled or plated with some gold, but there are brassing now, still very neat, but don't expect jewelry store perfection. I replaced the sac, straighten the tines on the nib, it writes well with a semi-flex M nib. This pen looks small, but when posted, it's almost the same size as a Kaweco Sport. See this comparison picture:

Writing Sample:
    Price: $80

Shipping is $3 within US regardless how many pens you get.
    I prefer US buyers. International offers are welcome for more than one pens.
    Last edited by penwash; December 12th, 2015 at 06:07 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: FS: Sheaffer Snorkel, Esterbrook Copper, Morrison's Ringtop 14K Gold

Bump!
    Send some offers my way, guys, don't let my ugly writing samples scare you away

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Default Re: FS: Sheaffer Snorkel, Esterbrook Copper, Morrison's Ringtop 14K Gold

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    Bump!
    Hey! I already have each of those pens (or a similar color), so I am not a candidate for purchase. BUT! I think your additional handwritten notes/sketches are totally cool!!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

agreed, your writing samples are indeed neat.

I will add, not to detract from your sale, but the Morrison is in fact 14k plate or rolled gold. It is not 14k gold. you can sorta tell, by the "brassing" of the surface, meaning where the gold fill has worn off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    Bump!
    Hey! I already have each of those pens (or a similar color), so I am not a candidate for purchase. BUT! I think your additional handwritten notes/sketches are totally cool!!
    Thank you for dropping by, Jon.
    The comments such as yours are as precious as the offer to buy (to me).
    I'm not doing this to make a quick buck, but just want to pass along what I learned and get these vintage gems to be used once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Krantz View Post
    agreed, your writing samples are indeed neat.

I will add, not to detract from your sale, but the Morrison is in fact 14k plate or rolled gold. It is not 14k gold. you can sorta tell, by the "brassing" of the surface, meaning where the gold fill has worn off.
    Rick, you're one of my favorite pen traders.
    Every Saturday I have to keep my wallet (virtual) locked in its cage. Your for sale pens always make me have to wipe the drool off my keyboard.
    Thanks for the education on the Morrison's Ringtop, I've updated the listing per your facts.
    Last edited by penwash; November 28th, 2015 at 09:48 PM.