Thread: Ink review: Diamine Marine

Thanks
    Thanked 10,467 Times in 4,006 Posts

Default Ink review: Diamine Marine

My latest turquoise ink is Diamine Marine.

As I said in my review for Diamine Havasu Turquoise and Diamine Turquoise I have been collecting turquoise inks and samples since I bought a bottle of Caran d'Ache Caribbean Sea. There are several inks that are a very good alternative for that deleted ink, and I intend to show you as many as I can.

Diamine Marine is another one of them. It's very slightly greener and has about the same saturation as Havasu Turquoise. It makes it more like a greenish turquoise ink than a sky blue ink. I'm not sure you would need Marine, Havasu Turquoise and Turquoise in one ink collection though.

I have previously reviewed Diamine Steel Blue ink and at the time I believed that might be the closest match to Caran d'Ache Caribbean Sea. However, I think you could choose Diamine Turquoise or Diamine Marine for a closer match.

If someone forced me to choose between D Havasu Turquoise, Turquoise and Marine, so that I could only have one of them in my collection, I would have a real problem choosing between Turquoise and Marine. Marine is spot in the middle of blue and green though. The exact colour that you would describe bright turquoise as.

• Although this isn't a waterproof ink, it shows good water resistance, as do many turquoise inks.

• Bearing in mind the paper I use is thick with a shiny surface, and I used a Lamy M nib, this ink took 15-16 secs to dry.

• It flows through the pen very well and lubricates the nib really well. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests. It was one of those pen and ink moments that produced a great match for me. They really played well together.

• It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles, 30ml plastic refill bottles or International sized cartridges.

• Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.

• It's a reasonable price

Diamine Marine.jpeg

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

DMurphy (December 5th, 2015), Haefennasiel (December 4th, 2015), Jeph (December 2nd, 2015), KKay (December 2nd, 2015), Laura N (December 14th, 2015), Marsilius (December 14th, 2015), Neo (December 2nd, 2015), penwash (December 14th, 2015), Yazeh (July 20th, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: Ink review: Diamine Marine

This ink is very high on my list. Thank you for the great reviews!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KKay For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 15th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,714 Times in 1,973 Posts

Turquoise is my daughter's favorite color.
    She likes your review!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 15th, 2015)

Thanks

Thank you both. You're welcome.

Thanks

I think that Diamine Blue Lightening is in the same ballpark as well. Very turquoise but with the silver sparkles. It is slightly shady when wet on cheap paper but dries non shady.

Thanks

Chrissy, I got the Diamine-Marine as a gift last night. I tried it out today. I would have to agree with all that you've said. I love the ink. If it had more shading, it would be a home run for me. I do enjoy this color very much. It is not too wet, nor too dry. I have not put it in the Pilot Prera F pen, but I don't forsee a problem with ink flow at all with it. I used this with my new Franklin-Christoph #2 with med cursive italic nib. It was very nice. I am quite pleased with it. I found it to be a little on the wet side, but not an extremely wet ink. I think the flow is wonderful just the way it is. The color even without a lot of shading is lovely. I especially liked it on the Apica Premium C.D. A5 Notebook.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KKay For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 29th, 2015)

Thanks

I must put an Apica notebook on my list for my next trip to the US.

Thanks

I hope you like it! I love mine. Now if it had a leather cover....oh no, I didn't just say that.