Thread: Ink Review: Kaweco Paradise Blue

Thanks
    Thanked 10,526 Times in 4,026 Posts

Default Ink Review: Kaweco Paradise Blue

This is Kaweco Paradise Blue ink that I used in two Kaweco Sport pens when I tested them. My reviews for these pens will follow in the pen reviews forum.

I used bottled ink and fitted the Kaweco Chess Sport with a 1.1 nib. I also used a cartridge in an ART Sport in Lapis Blue fitted with a standard F steel nib as a comparison. This ink looks much more saturated with the 1.1mm nib, as you would expect.

Paradise Blue is a turquoise ink that leans more towards the blue/green end of the colour spectrum than the green end. It is a really well behaved ink and I can highly recommend it as a top quality ink.

You might still find some older bottles of Kaweco Paradise Blue ink. The two inks are a very similar colour. However, you can tell if you have one of the newer bottles because the name of the ink is now printed on the box. It's also on the cartridge packs. New Paradise Blue bottles and cartridges come in differently coloured blue packs than the older ink, and cartridges now have Kaweco branding on them.

This ink isn't waterproof, and it doesn't stain fingers. Sorry but I forgot to do the water test on the form before I scanned it. So I did it after scanning.

Kaweco ink is made in Germany. It is available in 30ml bottles or packs containing 6 standard international sized cartridges.

Kaweco Paradise Blue.jpeg

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

aurore (November 25th, 2020), Jeph (December 15th, 2015), Laura N (December 14th, 2015), Neo (December 14th, 2015), Waltman (December 14th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review: Kaweco Paradise Blue

Great review. I love the color of this ink. I have to say that I get spectacular shading with it, but maybe it's the pens I used, which of course I don't remember but included Safaris.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 14th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,526 Times in 4,026 Posts

You're welcome. It is a great colour.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,829 Times in 790 Posts

I don't know. There's something about that color that wears out its welcome with me really fast. I once took a pen to work with me with a fresh cartridge of Kaweco Paradise Blue, and I was changing ink mid-day. I wonder if it's reminding me of CGA cyan or something.
    --
    Mike