Thread: Ink Review: Kaweco Royal Blue

Thanks
    Thanked 10,471 Times in 4,007 Posts

Default Ink Review: Kaweco Royal Blue

This is Kaweco Royal Blue ink. I used it when I was reviewing the ART Sport Lapis because the ink goes nicely with that pen.

My Lapis wrote straight out of the box when fitted with the Royal Blue cartridge. I had no problems with hard starting or skipping. The flow was great from the start. I also found this ink lubricated the nib very well.

It's a quick drying ink, but it doesn't feel dry to write with.

This ink isn't waterproof, but is quite water resistant. It doesn't stain fingers.

Royal Blue is a really attractive green shade that compares well against many popular similar royal blue types. It is a really well behaved ink and I can highly recommend it as a top quality ink.

You might still find some older bottles of Kaweco Royal Blue ink. The old and new inks are a very similar colour despite the cartridge pack colours being different. However, you can tell if you have one of the newer bottles or packs of cartridges because the name of the ink is now printed on the bottle labels or cartridge packs. Kaweco cartridges are also now impressed with the Kaweco brand name.

Kaweco ink is made in Austria. It is readily available in 30ml bottles or packs containing 6 standard international sized cartridges.

All new Kaweco pens come with a Royal Blue cartridge inside their barrels.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

aurore (November 24th, 2020), Crazyorange (January 17th, 2016), Dragonmaster Lou (January 18th, 2016), Jeph (January 17th, 2016), Marsilius (January 17th, 2016), Neo (March 13th, 2016), Smithman (May 7th, 2016)

Thanks

Default Re: Ink Review: Kaweco Royal Blue

Nice review, Chrissy!

Thanks for taking the time to do this. That's a nice looking ink and seems to have very appealing properties!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,471 Times in 4,007 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review: Kaweco Royal Blue

Quote Originally Posted by jvlgato View Post
    Nice review, Chrissy!

Thanks for taking the time to do this. That's a nice looking ink and seems to have very appealing properties!
    You're welcome.