Thread: Levenger's Circa System - Junior Size

Thanks

Default Levenger's Circa System - Junior Size

Please go here for all links and photos: Levenger's Circa System - Junior Size

I began running into problems with my pen, ink and correspondence journal. Nothing wrong with the book itself, I just ran out of room for new pens and I could NEVER find an address. I needed something new.

I had been wanted to try Levenger's Circa System, but had heard bad things about the paper quality. Well, that didn't really matter too much to me, since I planned to design my own forms. So I purchased the Junior size starter kit and the bigger investment, the Circa desk punch.

I don't know that I would ever spend the money on another cover. Because the start kit comes with transluscent plastic covers I was able to take a doodle I had done and make my own cover out of it, please meet Frankendoodle. As a result, I have a notebook which is uniquely mine.

The kit came with dividers and a number of types of forms, honestly I'm not sure where those standard forms are now because I knew what I wanted and created my own.

First, I needed a way to keep up with my pens and what ink they contain, the beauty of the Circa system is that I can keep the pens in alphabetical order and when I purchase a new pen I just add a new page, no more flipping through every page of my notebook.

Next, I needed pages for the people I write letters to. This form needed a little more information. In addition to the standard (name, address, etc) I added a space for their FPN screen name, Twitter name or blog if they have one and a place for notes, like spouse and pets names, birthday, etc. Then, of course, the date the letter is written, the paper, pen and ink used.

Then I just modified the letter form for postcards.

The beauty of the Circa is that I can move the pages around. If someone I've been swapping postcards with decides they would prefer to write letters I can just move them.

I love my Circa - now one other thing I had to do was buy bigger discs, the 3/4 inch discs that came with the kit, just could not accomodate the pages that I knew this book would expand too, so I added the largest, 1-1/2 inch.

Finally, the forms on this post are all .jpgs that you are welcome to download for your own use. If you would prefer the forms in a .pdf or Word .doc format just email me (go to my profile to access my email) and I'll be happy to send you the forms. Oh yeah, I use Neenah 24lb Classic Crest for all my forms.
    Blogs: Via Gravatar

Twitter: FPOkami

Flickr: Flickr

Thanks

I'd been wanting to experiment with Circa notebooks for a while, so Okami's review just added fuel to the fire. I ordered both a letter & junior size starter kit & punch, & filled them with 1/2 Canefield's Bagasse & Neenah Classic Crest Ivory. The junior one will be my ink notebook. I want to attempt to do a page of every ink I have on both the white & ivory papers. It may take me forever, but it'll be fun doing it. These are great, handy little notebooks. My brother, a lawyer, vowed to get some as soon as he saw mine.

rebecca520

I wish I had one

Thanks

I always thought the pages might fall out of those easily. Do they seem to stay in pretty well? How about with the large capacity discs?

Thanks

Here are some neat productivity tools for your shiny new Circa notebook: http://davidseah.com/productivity-tools/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dee8go View Post
    I always thought the pages might fall out of those easily. Do they seem to stay in pretty well? How about with the large capacity discs?
    It's been my experience that the pages stay put very nicely. When you want to rearrange them they are super easy to remove and replace. If you are just flipping the page or moving the book around however the pages feel very nicely attached to the discs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duende View Post
    Here are some neat productivity tools for your shiny new Circa notebook: http://davidseah.com/productivity-tools/
    Been a fan of this site and the Circa system for a while. Levenger has Rhodia paper for the system for sale too. I'm using it with letter size sheets for a running pen/ink log. The movable pages are super!

Thanks

And I suppose that with their cutter you can put your own paper in the Circa notebook too? I'll have to reconsider that.. There's a Levenger's store right down the street. Maybe I'll stop in there on the way home tonight.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Yes, I use the system at work, with Rhodia, and I bought the desk punch. I print email or other things, insert and then make my notes and it's all in context. Every six months I scan the pages into a digital file for reference and can still see my handwriting and ink colors long after they were written.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dee8go View Post
    I have used half inch discs, up to some 1.5 in my main notebook. Pages stay put on all very well. Cheap paper or Rhodia, it is about the same.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

I save all my correspondence in them.Use the desk punch as well and 11/2 inch disks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

Well, based upon what I've read here, I bought my first Circa product the other day. So far, so good. I bought a day planner calendar for next year. I think I'm going to have to go back and get larger discs, though. I can't get the whole year's pages into it with the discs I have now.It seems nice enough, but it's a bit like eating at a cafeteria. It's easy to run up a bigger tab than you were expecting, because it's all al carte . . .

Thanks

Your way more organized than I am, but some good ideas here. I used the larger Circa years ago as a project notebook. The system was great, I also bought the punch so everything could go there. But since I traveled a lot I found it didn't hold up well since I'm a bit careless through notebooks into a bag and all. But since I recently dug up the punch, a just learned they have Rhodia paper, I may give it another try with the ideas you've generated. Thanks.