Thread: What are your 2013 inky pen dreams?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Default What are your 2013 inky pen dreams?

Happy New Year geeks, it has been such a pleasure hanging out with you guys. I no longer feel alone in my obsession! My inky pen dreams for 2013 include whatever Visconti plans to unveil for its 25th anniversary. I can hardly wait to see what art they have created, for art's sake!!! I am also thinking it is time to find new homes for some of the earlier pieces of my collection. It is an odd variety, but better if someone can put them to good use.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

It has been great having you around on this forum as well!
    My inky pen dreams would be to get two of these pens (I think two nice pens a year is quite enough to put on my parents): Mont Blanc 142 Black, Parker Slender Vacumatic in Burgundy or Emerald or Black, OMAS Dama, Parker Vac OS. I've decided that I want 10 pens in my collection. From there, I might expand, but I really don't like to have pens that sit for weeks on end. Every pen must be used at least once every 2 weeks for me.
    Happy New Year!
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Nice having onboard, Tracy---hope your Visconti wish comes true!

Re: my 2013 inky pen dreams....Well, I just looked over my "Wish list 2012/2013" in an old thread here, and I feel a bit sheepish as I didn't really stick to my guns re: the ones I really wanted to get last year (I did get a TWSBI Mini, another Noodler's Ahab and a Conklin stub nib but also some pens that weren't on my list ) but .....I'm still interested in getting a TWSBI Vac 700 in Amber & an Edison Collier, plus an Italix "Parson's Essential" fountain pen, as well!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maja View Post

Re: my 2013 inky pen dreams....Well, I just looked over my "Wish list 2012/2013" in an old thread here, and I feel a bit sheepish as I didn't really stick to my guns re: the ones I really wanted to get last year (I did get a TWSBI Mini, another Noodler's Ahab and a Conklin stub nib but also some pens that weren't on my list ) but .....I'm still interested in getting a TWSBI Vac 700 in Amber & an Edison Collier, plus an Italix "Parson's Essential" fountain pen, as well!
    I just looked back at that thread...I now have or have had 5 of the pens on that list. My "must" have list has changed quite a lot since then!
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Alan801

Having got a 1972ish Sailor a few months ago and discovering that it is a dream to write with, I think it would be nice to get another, I'm just not sure which one yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maja View Post

I hear you, Maja. Just had a look at my list in that same thread you mentioned, and I managed to get 1 out of 12, although I bought 2 TWSBI's instead of 1 with an extra nib. I also seem to have made an about face with respect to Japanese pens, after realizing that even in their widest variety they would probably be too narrow for me. I'm still planning to write a response to Davey's "year-in-review" post, maybe there will be time next weekend.

As to the coming year, I will limit my list to just the few I'm quite sure of, and let myself be surprised by what happens. The Lamy 2000 is definitely still on the list as will be the tortoise Pelikan M800 if and when it appears. This might also be the year for an Edison Pearl, and I might be tempted by a Homo Sapiens Steel Age. And perhaps a nice vintage Montblanc with some exotic oblique nib they were so good at.

@FPK: you have great taste in vintage pens! That MB 142 would be a real treasure, I think.

Cheers,
    Peter

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

I didn't post a list last year, but just went over to that thread and posted the following. Sorry for double posting.

I did not have a list last year, but having established a basic collection/rotation that I am very happy with; bought a few clunkers and a few I just don't like for one reason or another, I have 16 pens in rotation, one desk pen and two pens in my short pocket. I know its crazy, but this is actually a reduction in my daily carry. So now I'm basically only interested in pens purely for the pleasure. I am very interested in the new wave of economy pens led by Pilot Metropolitan (which I have) so I am anxiously awaiting the Twsbi Eco and the Pelikan Th.Ink just for fun; At another level I am interested to hear what Brian Grey is planning. I also really want to save for an Aurora, probably the Ipsilon. I am also intrigued by the Delta Fusion so I hope I win that one. I am in love with the Omas Limited Edition 360 Turquoise.