Thread: Zombie Blood

Senior Member Waski_the_Squirrel's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Zombie Blood

I mentioned before that I'm going to review the Schrade Tactical Fountain Pen. The day is tomorrow. But, a new thought occurred to me: what am I doing for ink after the zombie apocalypse? I was going to do a regular writing sample, but then I thought, why not do the writing sample in character? (freshly cleaned hand after washing off zombie gore so I don't mess up the notebook)

So, maybe I hoarded ink and carried it with me. What is more likely is that I'm using what's available. (Don't think too hard about this scenario: realistically, after the zombie apocalypse, I'm probably not reviewing fountain pens and posting those to YouTube.) So, I wondered about zombie blood. They must have some sort of rudimentary circulation to keep moving, and most of the movies and shows have lots of blood and gore. There is probably also some sort of anticoagulant effect from the zombie virus. So, why not use it as fountain pen ink? I don't know if it would work, but the science teacher in me really struggles with the whole idea of zombies anyway.

So, I need an ink that looks like zombie blood. I realize you all don't know what I have in my ink collection. The short answer is a lot of Noodler's inks along with some others. So, I'll read your suggestions with the idea of substitution if I don't happen to own the specific ink you suggest. If anyone wants to suggest colors rather than inks I'm open to that.

Right now, I'm leaning toward Noodler's Red-Black. But, does anyone have other ideas?

Thanks

Default Re: Zombie Blood

Zombie blood? Wouldn't that be a HAZMAT issue?

I would guess, on a balance of probability, that zombie blood would be a hi-vis luminous/fluorescent colour, so perhaps you need some highlighter ink such as Pelikan and Sailor make for fountain pens.

Thanks

Diamine Oxblood. Every time i make a smear with that in my notebook, you can be sure that someone will ask "Did you cut yourself?" No, I'm not a Zombie...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inklord For This Useful Post:

Dreck (June 24th, 2016), KKay (June 26th, 2016)

Thanks

NOODLER'S QIN SHI HUANG

Thanks

MB Alfred Hitchcock Red, of course.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

something more black than red, clotted, oil-thick

the red will only be evident in the smear

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    NOODLER'S QIN SHI HUANG
    I love that ink! It's so hard to work with, but an amazing bright red!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Waski_the_Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Neo (June 25th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    something more black than red, clotted, oil-thick

the red will only be evident in the smear
    I like this. It matches what I've seen in the zombie genre. Noodler's Red-Black should be this, but it's not. I am interested in Diamine Oxblood. I may have a sample around. I'll share what ink I choose here, but on the review, I'll just call it "zombie blood". Still hoping for some suggestions by tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inklord View Post
    Diamine Oxblood. Every time i make a smear with that in my notebook, you can be sure that someone will ask "Did you cut yourself?" No, I'm not a Zombie...
    This. It's what I used for grading. If you don't have a sample, I'll gladly send some to you. I have plenty.
    Online arguments are a lot like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    As soon as the audience begins to participate, any actual content is lost in the resulting chaos and cacophony.
    At that point, all you can do is laugh and enjoy the descent into debasement.

Thanks

Apologies for not getting back sooner. This has been quite a few days and the zombie thing turned out to be one of the few happy things in these days. I did have fun creating a "costume" and character and a backstory for the review.

I ended up splashing my t-shirt with Noodler's Red-Black. It's a good thing I didn't try to splash my face too: it is still not all washed off my torso where it had not yet dried on my t-shirt. How would I explain it on my face, especially now that I have a funeral coming up?

I ended up filming the review with Noodler's Nightshade for the writing sample. It was based on a few suggestions here and on Facebook. It turned out better than my original idea. It really does look like rotted blood. I'll be posting the final review on my YouTube channel on Thursday.

Thank you for all the ideas, especially the Diamine Oxblood. If I hadn't been distracted by everything else, I think I would have gone for that.