Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major Mont Blanc Theft - Dromgoole's in Houston, Texas! Please Read!

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

Exclamation Major Mont Blanc Theft - Dromgoole's in Houston, Texas! Please Read!

On Tuesday, shortly after a Mont Blanc representitive visited the store with a new batch of pens this man walked in and brazenly took them directly from the display! If you know this man or might have any information please call the number included in the caption of the video immediately!

https://www.facebook.com/Larry.Dromg...type=3&theater

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Major Mont Blanc Theft - Dromgoole's in Houston, Texas! Please Read!

Wow I was gobsmacked to see that video.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 943 Posts

Default Re: Major Mont Blanc Theft - Dromgoole's in Houston, Texas! Please Read!

I hope they catch him. I'm really surprised that anyone got away with it. Whenever I've been there, they watched me like a hawk, so much so that it's actually kind of uncomfortable, but I understand why they have to do it.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Here is a screen shot. You can see the video pretty clear so I think they will catch this guy.

He cleaned out the case too... dirty rat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

I've visited Dromgoole's many times, and I thought the Montblanc case was normally locked. Perhaps I'm mistaken, or maybe it wasn't locked when the rat conducted his heist. In any case, it's very sad - and infuriating - to learn of this.

Thanks

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

Yes, while I was talking to the owner they were on the way to the shop. Soon I should have the serial numbers and models of pens stolen to add to all the posts I have made about this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RayCornett For This Useful Post:

ethernautrix (September 24th, 2016)

Thanks

Wow! Pretty brazen theft. Hopefully they will catch him soon. Surely someone must recognize that dude and his pink shorts!

Looks like a classy store. I was a little surprised that the display case was unlocked and didn't have some kind of alarm system that sounded if the case was opened.

That dude needs a long time in the PENitentiary!

David

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy Fry For This Useful Post:

sharmon202 (September 25th, 2016)

Thanks

Well that is definitely a FELONY so he is going to be caught and charged and his whole world will then turn to Crap... Fast! In the end is it ever worth it. NO Never! Not what he is going to be facing. Now he is going to end up being someone's little "Be-Atch" in the Big House and it won't be a pen there trying to put in his back pocket area!

Thanks

According to the facebook it is locked, except the Montblanc sales person/rep was there that day so it was open for him

Thanks

The key to the case is kept in a drawer close by and the guy had been in the store before so he knew where it was.

They have seen him in there before.

The news story and video in the link above is really good and the video is super clear.

Thanks

Brass gonads, for SURE!!
    Making NO effort to hide his appearance....he shouldn't be TOO hard to find!!
    There are still countries where this sort of crime is punishable by the loss of a hand -- or two!!
    It's called "incentive", I think....
    I'd be willing to bet serious $$ if this guy was deprived of a few digits.....he wouldn't be pilfering pens -- or anything ELSE -- for a LONG TIME!!

Always try to get the dibs...on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Thanks

Can we not devolve into political discussions/comments on a buy/sell forum please?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wade For This Useful Post:

sharmon202 (September 25th, 2016)

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

Wade, thanks, s
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Can we not devolve into political discussions/comments on a buy/sell forum please?
    Totally agreed. This is about pens, papers, etc, not political opinions

Thanks

I didn't notice it was in the 'Classifieds - For Sale' forum.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (September 25th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Maybe the topic could/should be moved - if our owner/admin can take the time. Frankly, when I see a topic pop up in my "What's New" stream, I rarely look to see *where* it has been posted. Pens for sale are obvious when they are in the "For Sale" forum, but I just assumed this was in the General area. I don't think it is a trend, just an outlier.

What I'd much rather see is a way to filter out all the sales stuff in my feed. If I want to be pummeled with endless pens for sale, I'll just go to the Sales forum.

This site used to be primarily for people to have discussions, not just another commerce-oriented arena.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (September 26th, 2016), sharmon202 (September 25th, 2016)

Thanks

Thankfully the story and video has been on at least 3 network in Houston now.

Hoping they catch this bum!

I think having a good video of it helped get the news people on board with showing it especially being so brazen about it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (September 25th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Maybe the topic could/should be moved - if our owner/admin can take the time. Frankly, when I see a topic pop up in my "What's New" stream, I rarely look to see *where* it has been posted. Pens for sale are obvious when they are in the "For Sale" forum, but I just assumed this was in the General area. I don't think it is a trend, just an outlier.

What I'd much rather see is a way to filter out all the sales stuff in my feed. If I want to be pummeled with endless pens for sale, I'll just go to the Sales forum.

This site used to be primarily for people to have discussions, not just another commerce-oriented arena.
    Good luck with getting a thread/post moved from one forum to another. I recently placed a review in the wrong forum by mistake, so I sent a request to the administrator to ask if it could possibly be moved to the correct forum. Sadly, I have heard nothing and my thread is still in the wrong place.

Thanks

If Ray is getting the serial numbers as indicated in post #7, then isn't this a good place for this thread? Anyone looking for a Montblanc would likely see this in a search and could then check the list of serial numbers against things for sale and know not to purchase stolen items.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Scooby921 For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (September 26th, 2016)