Thread: New Ink Review: Diamine Shimmer 2016: Inferno Orange

Thanks
    Thanked 10,477 Times in 4,007 Posts

Default New Ink Review: Diamine Shimmer 2016: Inferno Orange

I'm posting reviews of all 12 new shimmer inks on here separately. I've heard today that release date for these inks is 4th November.

Generally speaking, I found all 12 of these new shimmer inks to be wetter than all of the other shimmer inks I have used.

Currently I only have samples that Diamine very kindly sent me to test, and to review 'if I wanted to', but my small bottles don't need much shaking to mix the particles in, and the pens need very little shaking once they are filled.

I have had these inks in these pens for at least 2 weeks now. Every pen/ink combination has started straight away without a problem, and I have experienced no stopping or skipping.
    Some take longer to dry than others, and a couple just soaked into the paper straight away. The most saturated inks will show through and bleed through on cheap paper.
    None of them are waterproof inks.

I assume they will come in the same type of bottles as the previous set of shimmer inks, but I haven't seen the retail bottles yet.

Diamine Shimmer Inferno Orange is a bright orange ink that is a similar colour to Diamine Pumpkin. It's a quite saturated ink with gold shimmer. The gold shimmer shows up quite easily. I used a Lamy Nexx M (Orange) that has a 1.1mm nib and I had no trouble seeing the golden effect. This ink is quite wet and has quite a long dry time.

The first picture is a scanned review form, and the second is a photo. These have been adjusted with Photoshop to get the colour you see to look as close as possible to the actual ink colour.

Diamine Inferno Orange.jpegDiamine Inferno Orange 2016_0008.jpg
    Last edited by Chrissy; October 27th, 2016 at 01:27 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

datainadequate (October 27th, 2016), jacksterp (October 26th, 2016), jvlgato (October 27th, 2016), laurielindly (November 5th, 2016), penultress (October 27th, 2016), Sailor Kenshin (October 26th, 2016), WmEdwards (October 27th, 2016)

Thanks

Default Re: New Ink Review: Diamine Shimmer 2016: Inferno Orange

I rather like this beast...