Thread: So....I purchased Platinum 3776, and last night, I received this instead.....

Thanks

Default So....I purchased Platinum 3776, and last night, I received this instead.....

A Jinhao X450! It was actually put into a Platinum case and re-shrinkwrapped!

It was from this retailer on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=...b=&vasStoreID=

Mookie

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Default Re: So....I purchased Platinum 3776, and last night, I received this instead.....

So contact Amazon and get it straightened out. But honestly, you actually tried to make a purchase from someone with only a 96% rating? Sorry but you really should have known better.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

Brilliant Bill (January 24th, 2017), Dreck (January 24th, 2017)

Thanks

Default Re: So....I purchased Platinum 3776, and last night, I received this instead.....

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    So contact Amazon and get it straightened out. But honestly, you actually tried to make a purchase from someone with only a 96% rating? Sorry but you really should have known better.

Yeah....already contacted Amazon. Didn't notice the rating......i'll look closer next time.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mookie2112 View Post

Yeah....already contacted Amazon. Didn't notice the rating......i'll look closer next time.
    When it comes to eBay and Amazon purchases I just walk away when I see a rating under 99%. Sure, there can be new folk who don't have enough transactions to get rated but I'm perfectly happy to let others test the waters.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (January 24th, 2017), rappard (January 31st, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mookie2112 View Post

When it comes to eBay and Amazon purchases I just walk away when I see a rating under 99%. Sure, there can be new folk who don't have enough transactions to get rated but I'm perfectly happy to let others test the waters.
    Good way to do it. I usually read the negative reviews. Some people just like to complain. Although I ran across a couple watch dealers from India. They had about 500 feedback but only a 96% rating. I ran away fast..lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Searcher1970 For This Useful Post:

fountainpenkid (January 24th, 2017)

Thanks

I'd consider that criminal behavior. And I'd go beyond just getting it straightened out (personal satisfaction) with Amazon. I'd pursue having Amazon drop the vendor if not filing criminal charges.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant Bill View Post
    I'd consider that criminal behavior. And I'd go beyond just getting it straightened out (personal satisfaction) with Amazon. I'd pursue having Amazon drop the vendor if not filing criminal charges.
    96 happy customers out of 100 is not good enough for an Amazon purchase. Are people really that positive? I definitely consider this thread an education.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

The devil is in the details. Nothing about the previous ratings raises any red flags, IMHO. This seller has received two negative ratings out of 80 ratings lifetime, one of which is the OP's rating. I hardly think dealing with a seller having 79 positive ratings and 1 negative is a "should have known better" situation. I'll be surprised if this doesn't have a happy ending.
    --
    Mike

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mhosea For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (January 26th, 2017), BrynRedbeard (January 26th, 2017), Chrissy (January 24th, 2017), KKay (February 3rd, 2017), myu (February 25th, 2017), penwash (January 24th, 2017), StrongerLove (January 25th, 2017), TropicalPenGal (January 25th, 2017), Vanb (February 15th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post
    The devil is in the details. Nothing about the previous ratings raises any red flags, IMHO. This seller has received two negative ratings out of 80 ratings lifetime, one of which is the OP's rating. I hardly think dealing with a seller having 79 positive ratings and 1 negative is a "should have known better" situation. I'll be surprised if this doesn't have a happy ending.
    +1 for this.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

+2 for this.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Somewhere in the hills of eastern Washington
    Thanks

This is surprising. I have had good experiences with the NAGASAWA shop on Rakuten. I bought a Pilot 912 PO and the pen came perfect with a nice note from the owner.
    "Love is the final fight."

Thanks

I wonder if there was a return by a previous buyer and the pen was put on the shelf without checking it. Then they just grabbed what appeared to be the correct box....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Runnin_Ute For This Useful Post:

mhosea (January 25th, 2017), myu (February 25th, 2017)

Thanks

Well the negative feedback there now has been struckthrough and they are at 0 lifetime negatives. >.>

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkey For This Useful Post:

Wade (January 26th, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    Well the negative feedback there now has been struckthrough and they are at 0 lifetime negatives. >.>
    The struck through review is appended with this message :

"Amazon: This item was fulfilled by Amazon, and we take responsibility for this fulfillment experience."

Cheers

Thanks

Get your money back and buy through J-Subculture: good prices and 100% honest and reliable. That is where I got my #3776.
    Last edited by matteob; February 3rd, 2017 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks

I'm not saying this is the case, but this could be an example of employee theft, with a worker swapping products and putting the box back on the shelf. The vendor is an old stationery store in Japan. I'm sure they'll want to make things right.

Thanks

it ended happy.....I got a refund from Amazon.