Thread: Ink Review: Diamine Eau de Nil

Thanks
    Thanked 10,536 Times in 4,028 Posts

Default Ink Review: Diamine Eau de Nil

Today I’m reviewing Diamine Eau de Nil ink. The name means: 'Water of the Nile'

I’ve seen previous reviews for Eau de Nil, and decided to try it out. I’m pleased I did because I really like the colour. It’s like a blue with added grey that makes it into a blue teal that doesn’t lean very green.

It is not a very saturated ink, and it’s maybe a little drier than some other inks I’ve written with recently. However, it’s an excellent shader and I found no problems with the flow or lubrication. I would say it’s well behaved in the pens and on the paper that I used.

I saw no skips or hard starts, and it didn't dry out on the nib while I was doing swab tests.

This ink isn't sold as water resistant, but there was some water resistance when I did the water test.

I like the way it shades on most papers.

On the review sheet the M nib was used as standard and on the additional papers the original paper and ink titles were all done with the M nib. On the Clairefontaine Matris paper this meant that I left out the M nib for the different nib tests.

• It exhibited good flow and I found it smooth to write with. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
    • Bearing in mind the review form paper I use is thick with a quite shiny surface at 120gsm, and I used several different nibs, this ink took less than 10 seconds to dry.
    • No smear after dry.
    • This isn't sold as a waterproof ink, but it has some water resistance.
    • It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic bottles.
    • Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
    • It's a reasonable price.

Diamine Eau de Nil.jpgDiamine Eau de Nil b.jpg
    Last edited by Chrissy; March 21st, 2023 at 04:50 AM. Reason: added updated review sheet.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Ahriman4891 (May 31st, 2017), datainadequate (February 11th, 2017), kadlekaik (December 5th, 2020), KKay (February 10th, 2017), KrazyIvan (February 10th, 2017), mana (December 21st, 2019), Marsilius (February 11th, 2017), ppmiranda (February 11th, 2017), Pterodactylus (February 12th, 2017), Sailor Kenshin (February 10th, 2017), SCPaul (February 12th, 2023), writingrav (February 11th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review: Diamine Eau de Nil

Looks alot like Schubert, no?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks
    Thanked 10,536 Times in 4,028 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review: Diamine Eau de Nil

Quote Originally Posted by writingrav View Post
    Looks alot like Schubert, no?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Similar but it's more blue. Schubert has more green in it.
    Last edited by Chrissy; May 17th, 2022 at 11:46 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

writingrav (February 11th, 2017)