Thread: 2nd attempt at loading a photo

Thanks

Default 2nd attempt at loading a photo

This is my second attempt to upload a photo to a post. Had enough problems creating an album, so whether this will work I,as yet, do not know.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I think the photo may publish at rather a large size. How wrong can one be, when submitted it resized itself.

This is my collection so far, since mid January 2017. There are three other pens added to the case but as yet I have not taken photos. Two will complete the set of Parker 45 Flighters. Now have all three of the different models/years.
    I bought the empty glass windowed case and made the internal fitting myself. There is a Mk. 2. case under construction at present, with shorter pen sections.
    Last edited by jarc; February 19th, 2017 at 07:36 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 797 Posts

Default Re: 2nd attempt at loading a photo

Why do you have to create an album to post pictures? It's easy enough to upload from your hard drive:

> Start with a new thread or "Reply post"
    > Below the area to write your message, under "Additional options" press "manage attachments" and the File upload manager will appear
    > At the top of the popup window (File upload manager) press "Add files"
    > From the popup window press "choose file" (usually a jpg image)
    > Select the picture you want from your hard drive
    > Press "upload" and a few seconds later the image will appear in the "attachments" bar at the bottom of the File upload manager
    > Press "insert inline" and wherever your cursor is in the message panel something like this will appear:
    [ATTACH=XXXXX####ATTACH] will appear.
    > Press "Preview Post" and the picture will magically appear where the cursor was…

great-wall-of-china-with-clouds.jpg

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlos.q For This Useful Post:

farmdogfan (February 25th, 2017), kevmid (February 19th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

I've started resizing some of my pictures to 800 pixels wide rather than 9cm (1063 pixels) wide when I do reviews.

I always upload my images using the method that carlos q mentioned. I'm not sure why you're getting the [IMG] or [/IMG] legends that appear next to your images. They shouldn't be there if you follow the method that carlos q suggests. Maybe you can reduce the image size on your phone or camera?

Thanks

At last! Someone offers a simpler method. Thanks carlos.q

When I tried to upload photos I followed the advice the q and a here on how to do it which involves making an album which is why jarc did that because he started a thread asking for help on how to do it. I offered the album explanation and was hoping and asked if someone might offer a simpler option (which never happened) on his original thread.

Maybe this method can be added to the q and a on how to upload photos on this site to help us technologically challenged ones without apps?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevmid View Post
    At last! Someone offers a simpler method. Thanks carlos.q

When I tried to upload photos I followed the advice the q and a here on how to do it which involves making an album which is why jarc did that because he started a thread asking for help on how to do it. I offered the album explanation and was hoping and asked if someone might offer a simpler option (which never happened) on his original thread.

Maybe this method can be added to the q and a on how to upload photos on this site to help us technologically challenged ones without apps?
    Yes, I know the feeling and I certainly match the description technologically challenged.
    Thanks to kevmid for all of his help aimed towards myself and to carlos.q for what may well be an easier option for me.
    Regards

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I've started resizing some of my pictures to 800 pixels wide....
    Ditto.

Fred

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlos.q View Post
    Why do you have to create an album to post pictures? It's easy enough to upload from your hard drive:

> Start with a new thread or "Reply post"
    > Below the area to write your message, under "Additional options" press "manage attachments" and the File upload manager will appear
    > At the top of the popup window (File upload manager) press "Add files"
    > From the popup window press "choose file" (usually a jpg image)
    > Select the picture you want from your hard drive
    > Press "upload" and a few seconds later the image will appear in the "attachments" bar at the bottom of the File upload manager
    > Press "insert inline" and wherever your cursor is in the message panel something like this will appear:
    [ATTACH=XXXXX####ATTACH] will appear.
    > Press "Preview Post" and the picture will magically appear where the cursor was…

great-wall-of-china-with-clouds.jpg
    Many thanks carlos.q.
    I have uploaded using your described method (in the general photos section), which is undoubtedly much easier. Especially if I could get the photos in the correct orientation.
    Regards.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jarc For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (February 21st, 2017)