Page 186 of 290 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 5792

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

An Aurora Optima 360 LE fine nib

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    My new Pilot Custom Heritage 92, with FM nib.

I have the same pen for a few years and love it! One of the best value piston filler gold nib FPs out there. Hope you enjoy yours.

Kai

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." -- Lao Tzu

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaisnowbird For This Useful Post:

Eli (February 14th, 2017), rogeliogarciac (February 22nd, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaisnowbird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    My new Pilot Custom Heritage 92, with FM nib.

I have the same pen for a few years and love it! One of the best value piston filler gold nib FPs out there. Hope you enjoy yours.

Thanks! Yeah, it was a great value, can't believe how cheap it was.

This is my first gold nibbed pen, and it's taking some getting used to. I've used steel nibs for awhile, and I like them. The gold nib isn't as stiff (obviously), and ... it just feels different. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Thanks

I picked up two Fountain pens within two days of each other......the 1st - A Visconti Speakeasy LE, #51 of 1,000. In a 1.3 Stub Nib. It also holds 1 oz of Liquor in the barrel via the Blind cap......It is HUGE! and wicked Beautiful.....MSRP = $1600 and I pd. $650.00 / The 2nd one is a Stipula Faceted Etruria, Biancia Spaghetti Red, PIston #2 of 8. MSRP = $475.00 and I pd 250.00
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike

Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi # 63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE F/P, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado,Genkai Nakaya Decapodl Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain!, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa Fe Style Custom "51" Made by Ralph Prather - president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chi Town For This Useful Post:

amk (February 16th, 2017), da vinci (February 15th, 2017), farmdogfan (February 15th, 2017), Haefennasiel (March 1st, 2017), penultress (February 17th, 2017)

Thanks

This beautiful Shawn Newton's Prospector, Limited Edition ebonit, M italic cursive nib.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fountainpagan For This Useful Post:

amk (February 16th, 2017), da vinci (February 16th, 2017), Eli (February 16th, 2017), Empty_of_Clouds (February 20th, 2017), farmdogfan (February 16th, 2017), Haefennasiel (March 1st, 2017), Lady Onogaro (February 16th, 2017), penultress (February 17th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 198 Posts

An old coral red MB no.2, a new sac and a clean-up and it´s ready for many years of writing again.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to farmdogfan For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (February 16th, 2017), da vinci (February 16th, 2017), fountainpagan (February 18th, 2017), Haefennasiel (March 1st, 2017), Jacoby190 (May 3rd, 2017), Lady Onogaro (February 16th, 2017), pica pica (February 16th, 2017), ppmiranda (February 18th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

A Mabie Todd Swan "penny-plain" leverless - a L200/60 from about 1934. This one is unusual in that it is fitted with a 1.25mm stub nib which for me as a sub-lover, is nice to use.

L200_60 stub writing.jpg

Cob
    Vive les chevaliers! A bas les tętes rondes!

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cob For This Useful Post:

amk (February 17th, 2017), carlos.q (February 16th, 2017), da vinci (February 16th, 2017), farmdogfan (February 17th, 2017), Haefennasiel (March 1st, 2017), Lady Onogaro (February 16th, 2017), Marsilius (February 17th, 2017), penultress (February 17th, 2017), penwash (February 16th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 1,745 Posts

Nothing spectacular, but you might count these:

My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

da vinci (February 17th, 2017), farmdogfan (February 17th, 2017), frmamede (February 17th, 2017), Haefennasiel (March 1st, 2017), Lady Onogaro (February 16th, 2017)

Thanks

A couple of Macniven and Cameron eyedroppers; a black "Waverley" and "S-V-R Waverley Series No.U3". Know nothing about them except the steel "Hindoo" dip pen nibs they came with are undoubtedly incorrect. I suspect they never sported gold tho', whatever they should have been.

macnivencameron001.jpg

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grainweevil For This Useful Post:

amk (February 17th, 2017), Cob (February 19th, 2017), da vinci (February 17th, 2017), farmdogfan (February 17th, 2017), Haefennasiel (March 1st, 2017), penwash (February 17th, 2017)

Thanks

pilot custom 823 with a fine nib File_000.jpg

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to julieoboolie For This Useful Post:

Ares_92 (March 5th, 2017), da vinci (February 17th, 2017), Eli (February 17th, 2017), Empty_of_Clouds (February 20th, 2017), farmdogfan (February 17th, 2017), Haefennasiel (March 1st, 2017), KrazyIvan (February 17th, 2017)

Thanks

Grainweevil, I have a Macniven + Cameron with a lovely almost leaf-shaped Waverley nib. Not as nice as the one shown here - https://goodwriterspens.com/2013/03/...-waverley-nib/ though. I love the blotchy mottled ebonite on yours. You've done well with those two I think.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to amk For This Useful Post:

grainweevil (February 17th, 2017)

Thanks

Yes, 'twas the mottled red that got me throwing good money at bad nibs. One of those lovely gold Waverley nibs would have been the icing on the cake, but then I couldn't have afforded it!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to grainweevil For This Useful Post:

amk (February 23rd, 2017)

Thanks

Just got my clear Stipula Passaporto with the threaded posting and stub nib a few days ago. Filled it with MB Lavender Purple and I am loving it!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to rogeliogarciac For This Useful Post:

da vinci (February 18th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

I've been a very, very naughty little cloud.'

Actually, I am getting to the point in my life when there doesn't seem much left, and so I just forked out for a Pelikan 100N from our friend Piscov. Apparently it has a flex CN OBB nib. Whatever that is. This will be the only Pelikan I've seen. Odd place in time to start looking I suppose.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (February 20th, 2017), da vinci (February 20th, 2017), datainadequate (February 20th, 2017), pica pica (February 20th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 806 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post

Actually, I am getting to the point in my life when there doesn't seem much left, and so I just forked out for a Pelikan 100N from our friend Piscov. Apparently it has a flex CN OBB nib. Whatever that is. This will be the only Pelikan I've seen. Odd place in time to start looking I suppose.
    Ha! I told you never to say never!
    Piscov is a great seller and a true gentleman so you won't be disappointed.
    Please review the pen when you get it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlos.q View Post

Wanna bet?

My latest is a rotring Renaissance with a totally immobile piston seal. I suspect it's never been moved since it was made and has effectively fused itself to the barrel. Got the seller to divvy up a partial refund, and now faced with the dilemma of exactly how to get it to shift. If it's even possible. I'm insane; I should have returned it for a refund.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 806 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post

Wanna bet?

My latest is a rotring Renaissance with a totally immobile piston seal. I suspect it's never been moved since it was made and has effectively fused itself to the barrel. Got the seller to divvy up a partial refund, and now faced with the dilemma of exactly how to get it to shift. If it's even possible. I'm insane; I should have returned it for a refund.
    My experience has obviously been quite different.

Did you give him the opportunity to fix the problem? I believe that is "standard operating procedure" in these cases.

If he couldn't fix the problem why ask for a partial refund? If the pen did not work and it couldn't be fixed, the obvious thing would be to return it for a full refund.

I have had my share of problems with certain vendors but the greatest problem of all has been bad communication. Once the issue is cleared up things work themselves out.

Once I had a well known vendor on FPN that did not send me the pen I bought. Instead of badmouthing this gentleman I made some back channel inquiries and found out he was passing through a very difficult personal problem. A few days later my pen arrived, together with profuse apologies from the vendor. I would buy from him again.

Another time I received, from a very respected vendor with his own website, a vintage Montblanc that seemed to have a non functional piston. Instead of badmouthing this very well known vendor I told him the problem. A few messages and pictures later the culprit was found: vintage MB344's have the thinnest knurled screw that had stuck to the base of the piston knob. The vendor took care of the fix immediately and I did not pay one additional dollar. I have bought from this vendor since and will buy from him again.

So you see, a little empathy goes a long way.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlos.q For This Useful Post:

Cob (February 20th, 2017), Jon Szanto (February 20th, 2017), rogeliogarciac (February 21st, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Rule No. 1: Buy from reputable dealers.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

Parker 75 cisele and insignia with FI nibs, Sheaffer Imperial Souvereign with BB nib.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post

Wanna bet?

My experience has obviously been quite different.

Did you give him the opportunity to fix the problem? I believe that is "standard operating procedure" in these cases.

If he couldn't fix the problem why ask for a partial refund? If the pen did not work and it couldn't be fixed, the obvious thing would be to return it for a full refund.

I have had my share of problems with certain vendors but the greatest problem of all has been bad communication. Once the issue is cleared up things work themselves out.

Once I had a well known vendor on FPN that did not send me the pen I bought. Instead of badmouthing this gentleman I made some back channel inquiries and found out he was passing through a very difficult personal problem. A few days later my pen arrived, together with profuse apologies from the vendor. I would buy from him again.

Another time I received, from a very respected vendor with his own website, a vintage Montblanc that seemed to have a non functional piston. Instead of badmouthing this very well known vendor I told him the problem. A few messages and pictures later the culprit was found: vintage MB344's have the thinnest knurled screw that had stuck to the base of the piston knob. The vendor took care of the fix immediately and I did not pay one additional dollar. I have bought from this vendor since and will buy from him again.

So you see, a little empathy goes a long way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Rule No. 1: Buy from reputable dealers.
    You've enthusiastically grasped the wrong end of the stick, gentlemen. I asked the seller about a partial refund rather than return it because I wished to try and repair the pen. Communication was clear and speedy throughout, and I was not at any stage bad-mouthing anyone. Except perhaps myself and whether my judgement should be called into question. If I can make it work, it was a brilliant decision - if I can't, ah well. It's a learning experience.