Thread: Websites

Thanks

Default Websites

So I've noticed alot of people mention Goulet.

What other websites should I be watching?

And what is massdrop?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Default Re: Websites

You want websites? Check out the fabulous list of bookmarks to pen-related sites at Jim Mamoulides incredible PenHero.com. And look around PenHero, too, a splendid resource.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (January 4th, 2016), Dreck (January 4th, 2016), Marsilius (January 4th, 2016), Sandy Fry (January 4th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 943 Posts

I regularly check the Goulet site (and get their weekly email) and Jetpens (they also have a weekly email). The Andersons also have a site that is worth checking out.

My other favorites are Gourmet Pens, The Pen Addict, The Pen Habit (go Matt!), The Well-Appointed Desk, The Gentleman Stationer (Joe from Nashville), inlovewithjournals, and quite a few others. But I'm sure these are all on PenHero.com
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Onogaro For This Useful Post:

Marsilius (January 4th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terie_Benjamin View Post

And what is massdrop?
    Massdrop is a project designed to achieve quantity discount on certain makes/models of pens...
    Once a projected number of people agree to a particular purchase, an order is placed....by buying "in bulk" there can be serious $$ saved!!
    My description is no doubt an over-simplification.....but I trust you get my drift....!!

Always try to get the dibs.....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!
    Last edited by DASEFnib; January 4th, 2016 at 02:42 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DASEFnib For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Don't forget Goldspot Pens, who also have a weekly email. And isellpens.com
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

9. The Following User Says Thank You to writingrav For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terie_Benjamin View Post

And what is massdrop?

What everyone else said...

BUT do be cautious with Mass Drop... i don't want to hop off the fence and start a war on this topic but be aware that "some" pen brands like Peliken are not covered by Chartpak. Chartpak is who services and does nib exchanges etc here in the US. They do state it on the Mass Drop drops but I know not everyone reads the fine print. Mass drop is not an authorized re-seller of the brands and are side stepping the retailers who are.They have some great deals and some that can be matched without any wait time with a simple google search. Just an FYI on that topic.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

Anne (January 14th, 2016), jar (January 4th, 2016), Lady Onogaro (January 4th, 2016), Marsilius (January 4th, 2016), Neo (January 5th, 2016), penwash (January 4th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    You want websites? Check out the fabulous list of bookmarks to pen-related sites at Jim Mamoulides incredible PenHero.com. And look around PenHero, too, a splendid resource.
    Wow! that is quite an impressive list of bookmarks. Thanks, Jon.

There's also xfountainpens.com who offer free domestic shipping on orders over $15 (that's a nib and a bottle of Iron Gall) and the Derby Pen Co., who I think are relatively new. Maybe they're just unknown, but I found a Roaring 20's brown tortoiseshell Noodler's Konrad on their site, and haven't seen one anywhere else in a dog's year.
    Online arguments are a lot like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    As soon as the audience begins to participate, any actual content is lost in the resulting chaos and cacophony.
    At that point, all you can do is laugh and enjoy the descent into debasement.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreck For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (January 4th, 2016), Marsilius (January 4th, 2016)

Thanks

+1 on Jon's guidance about Massdrop. When items arrived damaged, it's not always a priority to their customer service team. YMMV, but based on my experience only - established retailers like Anderson pens and the Goulets are much more responsive to issues and had both been very helpful with newbie questions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    +1 on Jon's guidance about Massdrop. When items arrived damaged, it's not always a priority to their customer service team. YMMV, but based on my experience only - established retailers like Anderson pens and the Goulets are much more responsive to issues and had both been very helpful with newbie questions.
    +2 (is that a thing?) that another big issue with Massdrop is that rarely what they post for inks or other items is actually any kind if deal. Know your prices out there, and sometimes it is but you can sometimes find better so shop around. Read that fine print as recommended - that can be a pain. And patience - I have made 4 purchases on Massdrop and none shipped even remotely on time. My purchase on FPD still hasn't shipped, for every excuse in the world.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tracy Lee For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (January 13th, 2016)