Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Visconti

Thanks

Default Re: Visconti

Quote Originally Posted by Murfie View Post
    I've just ordered a musk green Van Gogh maxi with a fine nib to join my other Visconti - a HS Steel Age maxi, a honey almond Kaleido Voyager, and an RM Verona LE. This has come about because I've become a victim of more 'Bogon07 influence'.

Well, that's my excuse for this rush of blood anyway. If it writes anywhere near as good as the ones I already have and enjoy, then I will be delighted. It feels good to support a company that is interested in looking after its customers.
    I love the old Van Gogh's materials and hope you'll be delighted with yours.
    Mr Bogon's enabling/influencing powers are quite alarming, especially when it comes to Visconti pens.

Non-participant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaisnowbird View Post
    Mr Bogon's enabling/influencing powers are quite alarming, especially when it comes to Visconti pens.
    Amen to that statement, Kai. But his enthusiastic and very helpful guidance and advice is invaluable, very much appreciated, and a testament to the quality of fellow pen enthusiasts that I have been so fortunate to meet via this forum.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (April 20th, 2014), kaisnowbird (April 21st, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Hi Murfie, while you are at it you may as well go for an even half dozen Visconti. You are almost there already !
    Quote Originally Posted by kaisnowbird View Post
    Amen to that statement, Kai. But his enthusiastic and very helpful guidance and advice is invaluable, very much appreciated, and a testament to the quality of fellow pen enthusiasts that I have been so fortunate to meet via this forum.
    It is wonderful to be egged on in our obsession by other genuinely helpful unfortunates. Share it around I say.
    And a big thank you to everyone here for their useful help and insights. Especially Tracy Lee the Queen of Visconti & Delta.
    Last edited by Bogon07; April 21st, 2014 at 11:13 PM.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogon07 For This Useful Post:

Llewellyn (April 26th, 2014), Tracy Lee (April 22nd, 2014)

Thanks

I don't think this question is worth a new thread, but let me know if I need to take it out of this thread:

I was wondering if you could change the nib on the Visconti Opera Blue Typhoon? I like the double reservoir power filler, but the Smartouch nib, as smooth as it is, just isn't lively enough. Maybe if I could put an 18k nib on it

Thanks!
    Check out my blog: http://1penfifteen.blogspot.sg/

I'm in way too deep...it's too late for me.

Thanks

I must say that my experience with Visconti's Italian retailers were disappointing. They took the FP with one hand and post it with another. I bought in February a new VG that had big ink leakages. I sent it back to repair and from then on I wait.The seller said to me that they have no responsibilities (?).

Non-participant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2014 View Post
    I must say that my experience with Visconti's Italian retailers were disappointing.
    I would have to suggest that you change your retailer. My experience with Visconti and Marco at Novelli (Rome) is second to none. Plenty of comment in this thread about how Visconti stands by their product. Other FPG members deal with other Italian retailers and the feedback is excellent. So I think you have been unfortunate to strike a retailer who is not delivering on service. Don't let it affect your opinion of the brand.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

Llewellyn (April 26th, 2014), Tracy Lee (April 25th, 2014)

Thanks

I must say that my experience with Visconti's Italian retailers were disappointing.
    I would have to suggest that you change your retailer. My experience with Visconti and Marco at Novelli (Rome) is second to none. Plenty of comment in this thread about how Visconti stands by their product. Other FPG members deal with other Italian retailers and the feedback is excellent. So I think you have been unfortunate to strike a retailer who is not delivering on service. Don't let it affect your opinion of the brand.
    + 1 from me. Marco at Novelli is top-shelf. I've also had good service from Susanna at Giardino. They are my first choices if I'm buying Visconti's. They'd be my first choice for other brands as well but I only buy Visconti's

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    I've also had good service from Susanna at Giardino. They are my first choices if I'm buying Visconti's. They'd be my first choice for other brands as well but I only buy Visconti's
    My experience with Giardino is not at all good. I got a bad Visconti from them. I sent it to repair and I am still waiting, after more than 2 months. If you could name it a "good service', I doubt. Giardino is a handler of FPs and nothing more.Perfectly disappointing. The only answer was I still have to wait.

Non-participant
    Thanks

My experience with Giardino is not at all good.
    Sounds like I should stick with Marco at Novelli. My experience (both in person when I was in Rome, and later via email contact) with him has been exceptional.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

Llewellyn (April 26th, 2014)

Thanks

My experience with Giardino is not at all good.
    Sounds like I should stick with Marco at Novelli. My experience (both in person when I was in Rome, and later via email contact) with him has been exceptional.
    My only contact with Marco has been via email but he certainly sounds like a really nice fellow. If I were ever to go to Rome I'd love to go into his shop. Admittedly my dealings with Giardino have only been on the purchasing side and both times it has been absolutely fine. I've never had to deal with a warranty issue so can't comment about that. But then again, I wasn't impressed with the local shop that sells Visconti when it came to a warranty issue, and haven't been happy with their sales service in general.

That's why Marco will be my first choice for my Visconti purchases (and he's cheaper than the local place too)

Non-participant
    Thanks

If I were ever to go to Rome I'd love to go into his shop
    Novelli is just a few minutes walk from the Trevi Fountain. I was treated so well, being offered any number of pens that I would like to try. Marco's stock is quite extensive and at no stage did I feel hurried. Nothing was too much trouble for Marco. I can't speak highly enough of the experience - a real treat.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

Llewellyn (April 26th, 2014), Tracy Lee (April 26th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

If I were ever to go to Rome I'd love to go into his shop
    Novelli is just a few minutes walk from the Trevi Fountain. I was treated so well, being offered any number of pens that I would like to try. Marco's stock is quite extensive and at no stage did I feel hurried. Nothing was too much trouble for Marco. I can't speak highly enough of the experience - a real treat.
    Luckily you don't live in Rome otherwise you could have more Visconti pens than all of us combined. And it is only a short train ride to Florence too.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Non-participant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post
    Luckily you don't live in Rome otherwise you could have more Visconti pens than all of us combined. And it is only a short train ride to Florence too.
    Yes, I did take the very fast train from Rome to Firenze and back for a day trip and the train service is just fantastic - especially if you come from Oz and are starved of access to modern trains. The only bummer was that I went on a Monday - the one day of the week that Visconti is shut! The hip pocket benefited greatly, but the pen collection suffered. But I'm now making up for it as there are four more on the way (2 Rembrandts and 2 Van Goghs). I'm now on short rations till the end of Winter (southern hemisphere).

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (April 27th, 2014), Llewellyn (April 28th, 2014), Tracy Lee (April 27th, 2014)

Non-participant
    Thanks

Default Visconti Van Gogh

I've just taken delivery of a NOS older model musk green Visconti Van Gogh as pictured below. This and more photos can be seen in the FPG Photos Forum. I'm very pleased with this one, courtesy of the usual Bogon07 enabling.
    Attached Images Attached Images

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (April 27th, 2014), Llewellyn (April 28th, 2014), Tracy Lee (April 28th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Murfie, these are great pens, I have several and they are among my favorites. Enjoy, and thanks for sharing pictures! More, more, more!!

Non-participant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post
    More, more, more!!
    As soon as my next shipment arrives from Marco at Novelli in Rome (dispatched via FedEx yesterday), your wish will be my command, Tracy Lee.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (April 28th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

More, more, more!!
    As soon as my next shipment arrives from Marco at Novelli in Rome (dispatched via FedEx yesterday), your wish will be my command, Tracy Lee.
    Can you post the tracking info so we can watch for it too? I AM TOTALLY KIDDING!!! But I look forward to seeing more Visconti always!

Non-participant
    Thanks

Can you post the tracking info so we can watch for it too? I AM TOTALLY KIDDING.
    Are you SURE about that now? Tracking a purchased pen as it winds around the globe on its journey to Oz is one of the highs of purchasing another fountain pen. And FedEx is good as they have scan events for every leg no matter how short.

Then after all that, when the pen arrives we have to tune it to write upside down which Bogon07 avoids because he writes upside down here so the orientation of his pens doesn't alter!
    Last edited by Murfie; April 28th, 2014 at 03:46 PM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (April 28th, 2014), Llewellyn (April 28th, 2014), Tracy Lee (April 28th, 2014)

Thanks

Can you post the tracking info so we can watch for it too? I AM TOTALLY KIDDING.
    Are you SURE about that now? Tracking a purchased pen as it winds around the globe on its journey to Oz is one of the highs of purchasing another fountain pen. And FedEx is good as they have scan events for every leg no matter how short.
    Hehe, too true. I've watched my shipments from Marco go from Rome to Roissy, then to Guangzhou, and eventually to Perth. I've driven my wife nuts with regular updates on their progress

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Llewellyn For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (April 28th, 2014), kaisnowbird (April 30th, 2014), Tracy Lee (April 28th, 2014)

Thanks

Not strictly FP related, but certainly Visconti related. My wife has always really liked my Bronze Homo Sapiens, but doesn't like fountain pens. But she caught me digging around Novelli and noticed that the HS came in a rollerball version.

"Oooh, that's nice" she said. Great!!. Her birthday is in June and I didn't have a clue what to get her. But I do now, and a Fedex van will be dropping a parcel off at my workplace very soon
    Last edited by Llewellyn; April 29th, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Llewellyn For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (April 28th, 2014), Tracy Lee (April 28th, 2014)