Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Visconti

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: Visconti

Pics or they don't exist

Thanks

I am currently in another part of the world and found somewhere that has a Cappucino original series Van Gogh. My my it was stunning - these seem to be rarer than rocking horse poo!!! I have only ever seen a ballpoint version before. I cannot describe the will power that was required to not buy it on the spot. But the price was just a bit too much for my pocket at the moment, although I may weaken if the taxman sees fit to give me some of my money back

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Llewellyn For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 22nd, 2014)

Non-participant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    I am currently in another part of the world and .... I may weaken if the taxman sees fit to give me some of my money back
    It's only when you get offshore that you become aware of the subtle differences between each country. We are very fortunate in Oz that we can import pens without exceeding the statutory limit (A$1000) and not pay any import charges or taxes. Here in the U.K. I can sympathise with the locals. Last week I took delivery of a USD$40 pen from the U.S. to have a £5 VAT PLUS £8 handling charge added to it effectively raising the cost of the pen by more than 50%. Ouch!

If you live here you wouldn't be buying from non-EU sources. On the plus side, however, I am revelling in the vast range of wonderful vintage pens at very reasonable prices, which more than offsets the pain that the VAT man ... oops ... person, imposes.

Among the pen lovers I have met here so far, Viscontis - and for that matter, Italian pens in general - do not seem to be commonplace and there has been little interest to look at the ones that I have brought with me. No wonder, with all the beautiful vintage Waterman, Conway Stewart, Burnham and Mabie Todd that hit the table at each London Geeks' meetings. At times I feel like a pig in straw.

Thanks

Dear Murfie, it's no matter how loudly you try to convince me; a drought of Italian pens blitzes any Australian drought!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

I am currently in another part of the world and found somewhere that has a Cappucino original series Van Gogh. My my it was stunning - these seem to be rarer than rocking horse poo!!! I have only ever seen a ballpoint version before. I cannot describe the will power that was required to not buy it on the spot. But the price was just a bit too much for my pocket at the moment, although I may weaken if the taxman sees fit to give me some of my money back
    I keep looking at the ballpoint on Rozmenko's site. The colour combination and coffee/chocolate/cream tones in the Cappuncino varigated resin are wonderful.
    It must have been a special edition with gold metalwork too.

Go on, get it to spite the Taxman.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogon07 For This Useful Post:

Llewellyn (October 23rd, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post
    I keep looking at the ballpoint on Rozmenko's site. The colour combination and coffee/chocolate/cream tones in the Cappuncino varigated resin are wonderful.

It was the special edition with gold trim......gorgeous. Unfortunately some other priorities have gone to the front of the queue, but to her credit Mrs Llewellyn was very supportive and would not have objected if I had whipped out the credit card. But my accountant background got the better of me and for the time being it isn't in my grubby little paws

But they will happily post it to Perth if required.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Llewellyn For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 23rd, 2014)

Banned
    Thanks

Default Visconti

Test
    Last edited by GING GING; January 5th, 2015 at 03:10 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Default Visconti

Test
    Last edited by GING GING; January 5th, 2015 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks

There is an Crystal Opera on eBay 25/1000 - but it doesn't have the mosquito filler according to the notes.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/381021010...d=713872868302
    I have a mosquito filler left from my failed attempts at owning this pen.

If someone needs it, just email me at mike@mikemargolis.com and it's in the mail, no charge.

But please, be someone who needs it and not someone who just wants it.

Thanks

Default Bingo!! I'm a very happy bunny

Well, the ATO decided to give me some of my money back and I placed my order for the Cappucino Van Gogh this morning. The one I saw had a broad nib but they are able to swap that for a medium so it'll be in the post tonight, and hopefully I will have it in my grubby little paws early next week.

I apologise if it was against forum etiquette to withhold the name of the shop that had it but I have been looking for one of these for quite a while and they seem to be rarer than hen's teeth, which is why I was keen to see whether I'd be able to get this one. But for anyone who might be looking for something different, Taft's in Melbourne are very nice, helpful people and seem to have some unusual items, so they might be worth calling. They will post anywhere too. They may even have another cappucino.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Llewellyn For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 31st, 2014)

Thanks

Another Melbourne person!

Thanks

Default Visconti

... and found somewhere that has a Cappucino original series Van Gogh. My my it was stunning - these seem to be rarer than rocking horse poo!!! I have only ever seen a ballpoint version before. I cannot describe the will power that was required to not buy it on the spot. But the price was just a bit too much for my pocket at the moment, although I may weaken if the taxman sees fit to give me some of my money back

It was the special edition with gold trim......gorgeous. Unfortunately some other priorities have gone to the front of the queue, but to her credit Mrs Llewellyn was very supportive and would not have objected if I had whipped out the credit card. But my accountant background got the better of me and for the time being it isn't in my grubby little paws

But they will happily post it to Perth if required.
    I've had one of those for a very long tine and it's beautiful. It was my second FP ever and my first expensive one. I bought it from Tafts, with a B nib, it's very wet.
    Last edited by Newjelan; October 31st, 2014 at 02:36 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Newjelan For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 31st, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Well here's my story.....I meet Tracy lee at the DC super show. Little did I know that Tracy was infected with a highly contagious disease- viscontitis. She brought out her Visconti pens....I fondled her beautifies. This was the point of no return. I had caught viscontitis but it's taken some time for full incubation period to occur. Ugh! My wallet has been hit the hardest, but my brain desires the eye candy and wonderful nibs.

Be forewarned. Don't get near Tracy lee or you'll be here posting on this thread.

I'm enjoying my new pens. My favorite is the LE from chatterley. A wonderful wet writer and the swirls in barrel are iridescent. Just beautiful.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (December 15th, 2014), caribbean_skye (December 15th, 2014), cwent2 (December 15th, 2014), earthdawn (December 15th, 2014), Laura N (December 15th, 2014), Tracy Lee (December 15th, 2014), VertOlive (December 16th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    Well here's my story.....I meet Tracy lee at the DC super show. Little did I know that Tracy was infected with a highly contagious disease- viscontitis. She brought out her Visconti pens....I fondled her beautifies. This was the point of no return. I had caught viscontitis but it's taken some time for full incubation period to occur. Ugh! My wallet has been hit the hardest, but my brain desires the eye candy and wonderful nibs.

Be forewarned. Don't get near Tracy lee or you'll be here posting on this thread.

I'm enjoying my new pens. My favorite is the LE from chatterley. A wonderful wet writer and the swirls in barrel are iridescent. Just beautiful.

I won't deny that I am an enabler, and you sure made some outstanding selections! Your wallet may feel flat, but you will love every moment of writing with them. That white swirly one is really fabulous. Bryant is so dangerous - the ultimate enabler!! :-) Yay, I am so excited about these new acquisitions!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tracy Lee For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (December 15th, 2014), cwent2 (December 15th, 2014)

Thanks

On a serious note: thank you Tracy
    I will gladly forgo other things to have these pens. Especially the LE. Worth every penny. It's going to take time to pay the bill off, but the enjoyment is worth it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (December 16th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

The LE is really interesting, what's the name of that pattern?
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    The LE is really interesting, what's the name of that pattern?
    The pearl swirl. Bryant was kind enough to send me a group pic of the three pens, so I could pick the one with the most swirls. Hands down the most beautiful pen I own.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (December 16th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

I found them. Oh goodness, 3 in the world? Sadly too rich for my blood but very intriguing finish!
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    I found them. Oh goodness, 3 in the world? Sadly too rich for my blood but very intriguing finish!
    It's rich for me too. PayPal has interest free promotion, which means I can pay off installments. I'm realizing I want to have a small collection of pens that strongly appeal to me. Oh what can I say.....the hobby is consuming.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

CrazyOrange, big congratulations on your VISCONTI-CHATTERLEY COSMOPOLITAN PEARL SWIRL LIMITED EDITION FOUNTAIN PEN. You certainly picked a looker.
    I've been looking at all versions of them since they came out and is nice to see another photo of one of the Pearl Swirls. You really captured the iridescent green and bronze in the stripes.

Kudos for the Red Millennium Arc too - surprising to see how different it appears with red ink compared to purple in the ink sac.

Over 30 pens later I'm stills suffering from Tracy Lee's Visconti dust sprinklings in her letters. ("and loving it" as Maxwell Smart would say)
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogon07 For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (December 15th, 2014), Tracy Lee (December 16th, 2014)