Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1023

Thread: Visconti

Thanks

Default Re: Visconti

Hi all Happy New Year!
    I am debating between a divina and a homo sapiens or both . I have read a number of reviews, and hunted through the forums but would appreciate your feedback. Which one do you recommend and why? Thanks!!!!!

Thanks

Both pens use the same #6 palladium nib so the writing performance is basically identical; differences are likely just random noise from the manufacturing process. The Divina probably has a smaller ink capacity since it uses a captured converter but I don't know the actual capacities. Both are similarly sized, large pens. I can post side by side comparison pictures if you're interested.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mulrich View Post
    Both pens use the same #6 palladium nib so the writing performance is basically identical; differences are likely just random noise from the manufacturing process. The Divina probably has a smaller ink capacity since it uses a captured converter but I don't know the actual capacities. Both are similarly sized, large pens. I can post side by side comparison pictures if you're interested.
    Both the HS Steel & Divina Elegance (& Desert Springs) are available as Maxi (#6 nib) & Midi (#4). I think the HS midi may also be a captive converter.
    Also HS Bronze Age and Sterling Sliver Maxis. There are a bunch of other Divinas too.

There are also HS (Blue) Crystal & (Green) Florentine Hills Double Reservoir Piston Fillers with transparent barrels so you can see your ink levels.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

Thanks for the information, it does make the decision slightly easier knowing that the decision is more aesthetics focused. Mind sharing which one you end up using more?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post
    Both the HS Steel & Divina Elegance (& Desert Springs) are available as Maxi (#6 nib) & Midi (#4). I think the HS midi may also be a captive converter.
    Also HS Bronze Age and Sterling Sliver Maxis. There are a bunch of other Divinas too.

There are also HS (Blue) Crystal & (Green) Florentine Hills Double Reservoir Piston Fillers with transparent barrels so you can see your ink levels.
    Oh my, I saw the double reservoir piston fillers beautiful! I wish more of the visconti's had some sort of ink window. I dream about a lava homo sapeins with a small ink window, or a blue divina with a ink window... It would be nice to have some idea of ink level.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crystn625 View Post
    Oh my, I saw the double reservoir piston fillers beautiful! I wish more of the visconti's had some sort of ink window. I dream about a lava homo sapeins with a small ink window, or a blue divina with a ink window... It would be nice to have some idea of ink level.
    Visconti is at least toying with the idea of a Homo Sapiens with an ink window (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b4C...ature=youtu.be) but I don't know if they will ever move to mass production.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mulrich For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (January 13th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crystn625 View Post
    Thanks for the information, it does make the decision slightly easier knowing that the decision is more aesthetics focused. Mind sharing which one you end up using more?
    I probably prefer the HS. It's not quite as flashy, which fits my style more. The HS is also a bit smaller and fits into my shirt pocket a little easier.

Thanks

Just curious to know, what's the appeal with the Divina black when compared to the Blue and the Brown one? The Brown and Blue ones have swirls and depth, but the Black one is just plain black? Is there something that I'm missing out from the photos that I will see in real life?

Thanks

Sorry for jumping in here so late, but
    If you like the Homo Sapiens and wish to see the iin level this pen comes in three colorful demonstrators. Crystal, Florentine Hills and Crimson Tide
    I have the Florentine and absolutely love it.

Have fun

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broadoblique View Post
    Sorry for jumping in here so late, but
    If you like the Homo Sapiens and wish to see the iin level this pen comes in three colorful demonstrators. Crystal, Florentine Hills and Crimson Tide
    I have the Florentine and absolutely love it.
    Have fun
    I think you will find the Crimson Tide is an Opera Master type of demo pen rather than a Homo Sapiens.
    There is also an old Opera Master with the same material as the HS Crystal.

Thanks

Warning. Divina is great in aesthetics, but it sports a "captive converter", that is one of the wrost filling systems in the world... very tricky to use and you never know if it loads. Homo Sapiens is better in this respect... power filler is a good filling system (akin a vacumatic or Pilot 823) but the absence of an ink window can make you crazy. I personally prefer the Opera Master or the Homo Sapiens demonstrators.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katanankes View Post
    Warning. Divina is great in aesthetics, but it sports a "captive converter", that is one of the wrost filling systems in the world... very tricky to use and you never know if it loads. Homo Sapiens is better in this respect... power filler is a good filling system (akin a vacumatic or Pilot 823) but the absence of an ink window can make you crazy. I personally prefer the Opera Master or the Homo Sapiens demonstrators.
    I haven't checked out the opera masters yet, that seems like a great option. I completely agree the lack of an ink window is moderately unnerving! I am hoping that visconti does make a lava homo sapien with the small ink window (not those huge windows on the side), or the same with the divina. That would be perfect!

Thanks

Here is Rozmenko's photo. It has a medium 23K nib. Similar material to that used in the Kakadu, the swirl is perhaps a lighter tan.
    Ooh. How is it?

I bought one off FPN yesterday. I'd been looking all over for an opera club but couldn't find one. Then I saw the Fedon and thought 'that's an opera'!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlc View Post
    Here is Rozmenko's photo. It has a medium 23K nib. Similar material to that used in the Kakadu, the swirl is perhaps a lighter tan.
    Ooh. How is it?

I bought one off FPN yesterday. I'd been looking all over for an opera club but couldn't find one. Then I saw the Fedon and thought 'that's an opera'!
    Congratulations on your new pen.
    I'm very pleased with it. It really is an Opera with a nicely styled clip. The tan & black resin is very similar to the one used in the new Visconti Manhattan 2016.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogon07 For This Useful Post:

carlc (February 10th, 2016)

Thanks

I received a Visconti Opera Master Gold Point No.1 from Rozmenko last week, and this is now my grail pen. I have never experienced a fine nib that was so smooth out of the box.
    In keep with the colour of the pen, I inked it up with MB Toffee Brown and it's a perfect pairing.

Thanks

This thread is too good to let die. So I am going to post pics of my new Visconti's.
    I picked up a new Visconti Opera Club Sparkling Blu Deep Ocean Limited Edition with medium 23k pd nib. Mine is #086 of 200 and has the number engraved on the back of the cap. I picked it up from Fiorenza Luxuries PTY LTD (rozmenko on eBay) in Australia.

I am really liking the pen other then two minor things. The nib writes a bit more of a fine then a medium. The other thing is it taking 2 1/4 turns to uncap. But those are both minor compared to how nice a pen it is.

Just before getting the Opera I bought a Visconti HS Elegance maxi with B nib from CultPens off clearance. I LOVE this pen! The nib is half way between M and B, but I love the way it writes and maybe my favorite pen right now. Its at or near the top of my list in any case. It made me want to try out more Visconti pens. After it and the Opera I think I want a midi HS of some sort for everyday pocket carry to use in place of my Pelikan m605. The hook safe cap is just so great for taking quick notes. Just have not decided yet on another Elegance or a Bronze or Dark age. Not liking the idea of a captured converter when a real converter in the elegance can be maintained and checked for ink level, but lava might be worth the trade offs and slightly more money.

Thanks

Hi All:

I have recently acquired a Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age Midi and am having problems filling it. Has anybody else out there with a HS midi figured out how to get a full fill with this "captured converter filling system" or is it just my technique that is lacking? Any advise / help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral1 View Post
    Hi All:

I have recently acquired a Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age Midi and am having problems filling it. Has anybody else out there with a HS midi figured out how to get a full fill with this "captured converter filling system" or is it just my technique that is lacking? Any advise / help would be appreciated.
    It fills like any other converter pen. Make sure the nib is fully submerged in ink. Yes, that means part of the section will be in ink and it eventually picks up stains. Out of curiosity, how can you tell it's not filling all the way? I can't see the converter in mine.

Edit. I suppose the Visconti ink pot would give you a better fill than filling from a bottle but that's a $75 add on.
    Last edited by KrazyIvan; July 27th, 2018 at 01:30 PM.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

I know it’s not filling because I can only get a half page of writing, like I only dipped the nib and nothing went into the converter.

Thanks

After you fill, try emptying the ink into a trashcan to see how much ink was really in the pen. It's possible the pen isn't drawing up ink but it could also be an issue with the nib/feed.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to mulrich For This Useful Post:

Sinistral1 (July 31st, 2018)