Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1092

Thread: The Trump 2024 thread...

Thanks

Default Re: The Trump 2024 thread...

The other forum shouldn’t be your obsession.

You supported and defended Trump for several years, tried to redefine Jan 6, and went along with his Covid nonsense while vilifying Fauci. You’re stuck with no way out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,325 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    The other forum shouldn’t be your obsession.

You supported and defended Trump for several years, tried to redefine Jan 6, and went along with his Covid nonsense while vilifying Fauci. You’re stuck with no way out.
    Yes, yes... you always say this, but come up short for backing it up. Cite the posts.

Until then, *yawn*.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

I'd be here for a month copying and pasting.

Like January 6 and Covid it is enough that I know. I remember. I also remember you going crazy and losing it when I suggested you not ask for an ICU bed. I'm actually glad that when you finally contracted the virus you enjoyed a mild experience.
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

I'd be here for a month copying and pasting.

Like January 6 and Covid it is enough that I know. I remember. I also remember you going crazy and losing it when I suggested you not ask for an ICU bed. I'm actually glad that when you finally contracted the virus you enjoyed a mild experience.
    Second verse, same as the first...

*yawn*

Thanks

Endless defending and pretending otherwise.

Thanks

Endless defending and pretending otherwise.
    Endless assertions without evidence - which is the alternate reality of your hoax-laden echo chamber.

Example:

You: TRUMP COLLUDED WITH RUSSIA!!!

Reality: Russian collusion was a hoax paid for by Hillary.

Thanks

I am sure you are embarrassed about your walking in lock step with Trump now, but you were once bold twisting yourself into knots finding the language to support him.
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

"Walking in lock step with Trump now" and "twisting yourself into knots".

More claims with no evidence.

Thanks

“Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was,” Trump said. “The Battle of Gettysburg. What an unbelievable — it was so much and so interesting, and so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways. It represented such a big portion of the success of this country. Gettysburg, wow.”
    “Robert E. Lee, who’s no longer in favor — did you ever notice it? He’s no longer in favor. “Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.” They were fighting uphill. He said, “Wow, that was a big mistake.” He lost his big general. “Never fight uphill, me boys,” but it was too late.”

Do you think the former guy doesn’t know why General Lee fell out of favor?

Thanks

Ted needs to return. I’m sure he remembers the love feast.

Thanks

You're talking about that General who had a fort in Virginia named after him, which was recently renamed because of woke morons imagining "institutional racism"?

I suspect the former guy knows exactly why Lee "fell out of favor". Partisan midwits.

Thanks

He led a rebellion against the US. Mercy, we have do a better job of providing American History.

Thanks

If your understanding of Lee is a simplistic: "he led a rebellion against the U.S.", then I agree that we have to do a better job of providing American History.

I'm happy to do that. Jonathan Horn's book The Man who would not be Washington will increase your understanding of Lee and the complexity of the circumstances. You can find it in the library.

Thanks

Maybe, but stories aside, he was a man with freedom to choose his own course of action; just like we do when we choose what causes and people to support and which to not, which require both some soul searching and commitment to available evidence. I cannot pretend, when he had the choice where to place his loyalty, fighting against the Union and particularly where human slavery world be decided as an outcome, he took the honorable choice or deserves to be made a hero.

Thanks

Yes, he did. But you don't know why or the circumstances surrounding the decision apparently.

Thanks

The question, do you know? I mean, I know you think you do!!

Thanks

The question, do you know? I mean, I know you think you do!!
    You're making no sense to the point that you sound like an Abbot and Costelo routine.

Thanks

From HCR this morning.

"In Trump’s election interference trial in Manhattan, Judge Juan Merchan this morning dismissed one of the selected jurors after she expressed concern for her anonymity and thus for her safety. All of the reporters in the courtroom have shared so much information about the jurors that they seemed at risk of being identified, but Fox News Channel host Jesse Watters not only ran a video segment about a juror, he suggested she was “concerning.” Trump shared the video on social media.

This is who you are supporting. A person with power willing to treat a person doing their civic duty with disrespect and potentially being put into danger. He did this in 2015. He did it during Covid. He would do it to you. I hope you enjoy all of those policies you cling to as an excuse to vote for him again.

Thanks

No, I've never been a supporter of "All the reporters...."
    Odd that with all the gag orders Judge Merchan didn't gag the media.
    Haven't watched: are they using jurors' names, or referring to them by number, a common way to provide anonymity?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    No, I've never been a supporter of "All the reporters...."
    Odd that with all the gag orders Judge Merchan didn't gag the media.
    Haven't watched: are they using jurors' names, or referring to them by number, a common way to provide anonymity?
    The jurors are not mentioned by name...just Juror 1 etc, as you ask, Kaz. The attorneys know names, of course. Unfortunately, so much information has been revealed about each juror that, in the first case, a juror's family immediately recognized him or her. As in, my example, works as oncology nurse at a Brooklyn hospital, lives in Staten Island, and so on. An easy database query would select out a very few people to match.

Yes, Merchan should "gag" release of that much detail. I don't need to know, and I am a New Yorker, and I have served on juries, and I'm interested in the trial. Being chosen for a jury, and serving, was a sobering event. It pushed me to focus on the evidence that the prosecution and defense presented, to ignore irrelevant and emotion-provoking moves by one side. A little like writing and debugging a computer program: we let the program speak, through the debugger, rather than taking a guess at a problem. It calls a person to behave like a citizen.