Thread: Delta Astra Repair

Thanks

Default Delta Astra Repair

Long-time lurker here… I collected pens many years ago, then moved that interest to the far background for a couple decades before my interest was recently renewed. While looking over my collection for the first time in way too long, I notice there are some pens that will require some repair. One of these is a Delta Astra that I bought new in the late 90s. I don’t ever recall inking this pen (or even dipping it back in the day), but even so the sac lever is stuck. I’m assuming this means the sac itself has failed. This is not something I particularly want to address myself, so my question: Is there a repair person someone here can recommend for this sort of problem?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions/guidance.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,531 Times in 4,027 Posts

Default Re: Delta Astra Repair

Ron Zorn repairs pens at Main Street Pens in Pennsylvania and is a member here. Ron Z
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 7,988 Times in 1,451 Posts

The Delta Astra is a common leverfiller (one of the coolest pens that Delta ever made imo). You just could try to pull the section out of the barrel. Changin an ink sac is not a very difficult task.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,531 Times in 4,027 Posts

It's slightly tricky to find videos showing how to change the sac in a Delta, and I couldn't find one that specifically showed the Astra on YouTube. However there are plenty of YouTube videos on how to change the sac in a Delta fountain pen if you care to have a look at them. That one happens to be an Israel but the same basic steps apply.

Ron and other pen repairers might have a waiting list and as christof suggests, replacing a sac isn't too hard. It depends how quick you want to use your Delta again.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Thanks to you both for your suggestions. Ron does indeed have a waiting list for repairs. I’m in absolutely no hurry to have the pen repaired, so I’m fine waiting for him to become available. I’m a little apprehensive to attempt my first DIY repair job on the Astra, but perhaps after glass (just one) of good bourbon…

Thanks
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 437 Posts

You might also consider Danny Fudge at The Write Pen. He has replaced several sacs for me over the years and has a pretty good turn-around time. Danny is located in Nebraska.

link: https://www.thewritepen.net/services.html
    Bucket list - walk the Camino de Santiago again