Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: My Edison Family

Thanks

Default Re: My Edison Family

well both are steel nibs as i drew the line somewhere with the cost of ordering two signature pens haha. I really like these steel nibs anyway and like my nibs firm, the grande has a .7mm stub ground by brian and the morgan just has a fine nib

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

What you think of the stub? I have the extra fine and it's a bit too fine for my liking, so I'm thinking of changing it out.

Thanks

haven't received the pens yet, but i am sure they will be spectacular. They were shipped yesterday so 2 weeks to get to kangaroo land

Thanks

Love that Morgan's material, it's like some underwater fantasy.
    Kai

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." -- Lao Tzu

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sham69 View Post
    haven't received the pens yet, but i am sure they will be spectacular. They were shipped yesterday so 2 weeks to get to kangaroo land
    Do keep us posted

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sham69 View Post
    I don't want to jinx it, but Priority to Australia usually doesn't take two weeks.

Tracking info shows that it just left the US, so maybe it won't be too much longer.

Have a great day!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    Vert please post a pic of your pen. Dying to hear all about it.
    Oh, sorry, I felt like I was hijacking Tiffany's thread so I posted over in Pens You Used Today.
    The color in my pic is not as hot a pink as it actually is; the Goulet photo is more true. It is insanely pearlescent pink with white swirls. It fits perfectly in my hand and is a light, well balanced pen. The nib is my favorite 1.1 stub nib. I do not post the cap and it doesn't seem to be made to post.

Tiffany, you may have an Edison convert!
    Nobody posting about Edison pens is hijacking this thread. We want to see everyone's pens!

My Premiere posts if I need it to, but it isn't as secure as some of the other models. It is balanced well enough that it's comfortable either way.
    Last edited by tiffanyhenschel; April 17th, 2014 at 12:42 PM.
    Draw close. Hold hands. Life is short. God is good. - Jan Karon

Thanks

Default My Edison Family

https://www.facebook.com/IFeakingLov...levant_count=1

now this material would definitely sell... I don't suppose stone lends itself to turning though...
    Last edited by snedwos; April 17th, 2014 at 10:54 PM.
    "What are moon-letters?" asked the hobbit full of excitement. He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also loved runes and letters, and cunning handwriting, though when he wrote himself it was a bit thin and spidery.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Vert please post a pic of your pen. Dying to hear all about it.
    Oh, sorry, I felt like I was hijacking Tiffany's thread so I posted over in Pens You Used Today. Here you go, same pic:

The color in my pic is not as hot a pink as it actually is; the Goulet photo is more true. It is insanely pearlescent pink with white swirls. It fits perfectly in my hand and is a light, well balanced pen. The nib is my favorite 1.1 stub nib. I do not post the cap and it doesn't seem to be made to post.

I've used De Atramentis, Platinum, Noodler's, and Iroshizuku brand inks in it and it writes smoothly with any of them. At this point, I've used it for over half a dozen letters.

Very pleased with the pen at that price point. Feel sort of triumphant that they already sold out their first batch after watching Brian Goulet seem a little apologetic about offering a pink pen in his video with his wife (!). Neener neener!

Tiffany, you may have an Edison convert!
    Yes, I want one. Maybe next month...sigh.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Onogaro For This Useful Post:

tiffanyhenschel (April 22nd, 2014)

Thanks

Or the month after that... sigh...
    I, like Tiffany am fairly Edison heavy. I sold off nearly a dozen pens over the last three months... in exchange I got two Edison Menlos (one pump, one ED) (yes, to pre answer, pictures to come... but I must warn you, they are iphone pictures and as such do no justice to the pens...).
    Now my collection is rounded out at Two Menlos, One Beaumont CC, One Beaumont PN, A Mina on the way and a few ideas in my head for the future.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kallenpj For This Useful Post:

jde (May 8th, 2014), tiffanyhenschel (April 22nd, 2014), trhall (April 18th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kallenpj View Post
    Or the month after that... sigh...
    I, like Tiffany am fairly Edison heavy. I sold off nearly a dozen pens over the last three months... in exchange I got two Edison Menlos (one pump, one ED) (yes, to pre answer, pictures to come... but I must warn you, they are iphone pictures and as such do no justice to the pens...).
    Now my collection is rounded out at Two Menlos, One Beaumont CC, One Beaumont PN, A Mina on the way and a few ideas in my head for the future.
    It's a slippery slope, isn't it? It only takes one edison and that's it....you are a lost soul.

And yes, post pics. Even crummy ones.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

tiffanyhenschel (April 22nd, 2014), Tracy Lee (April 18th, 2014)

Thanks

Capped in sunlight... uncapped indoors but with sun coming in the window... and the best shot of the purple web celluloid that I have ever produced... it usually looks black when I try to photograph it...

IMG_1992.jpgIMG_2001.jpgIMG_1998.jpg

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kallenpj For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (April 21st, 2014), jde (May 8th, 2014), tiffanyhenschel (April 22nd, 2014), Tony Rex (April 21st, 2014), VertOlive (April 22nd, 2014)

Thanks

Finally broke down earlier this month and ordered an Edison Menlo with pump filler. I ended up buying a classic black ebonite GT with steel nib (ef). It showed up in this morning's post. Gorgeous. I inked it with Lamy black and have been using it most of the day. I am most pleased and regret absolutely nothing about this purchase. Kudos to Brian Gray and his associates at Edison for making this pen possible.

photo.JPG
    Last edited by cuza; April 21st, 2014 at 03:35 PM.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cuza For This Useful Post:

bgray (April 21st, 2014), jde (May 8th, 2014), kia (April 21st, 2014), tiffanyhenschel (April 22nd, 2014), Tracy Lee (April 21st, 2014), trhall (April 21st, 2014), VertOlive (April 22nd, 2014)

Thanks

Capped in sunlight... uncapped indoors but with sun coming in the window... and the best shot of the purple web celluloid that I have ever produced... it usually looks black when I try to photograph it...

Beautiful pens Is the purple celluloid more of a plum or a burgundy? When I've seen pictures before, they seemed more plum, but this one has more red in it.

Thanks

Cuza, thanks for posting the picture of the Premiere and the Menlo together. That shot gives a good perspective of the size. You can't beat the classic look of black ebonite.

Thanks

I nearly bought the pink Premiere, but this extended Mina pushed itself forward instead.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tiffanyhenschel For This Useful Post:

bgray (April 22nd, 2014), Crazyorange (April 22nd, 2014), jde (May 8th, 2014), klpeabody (April 22nd, 2014), Tracy Lee (April 23rd, 2014), VertOlive (April 22nd, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyhenschel View Post

Beautiful pens Is the purple celluloid more of a plum or a burgundy? When I've seen pictures before, they seemed more plum, but this one has more red in it.
    It (as always) depends heavily on the light... And the camera. The iPhone with the black background adds some red for sure, but in that light it does have more red. I'd say that plum is a far more accurate descriptor on the whole.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kallenpj For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyhenschel View Post

I nearly bought the pink Premiere, but this extended Mina pushed itself forward instead.
    Ohhhh....you're killing me.....a pilot vanishing point radan.......gorgeous! The edison isn't too shabby either. You have great taste in pens.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ohhhh....you're killing me.....a pilot vanishing point radan.......gorgeous! The edison isn't too shabby either. You have great taste in pens.
    Thanks I have given away or sold at a loss many pens to get to this point, though. I've been ruthless in my culling of the herd in the last year and a half. I hope it never happens, but I'm finally to the point where I could be happy with any one of my pens as an "only pen."

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tiffanyhenschel For This Useful Post:

jde (May 8th, 2014), kaisnowbird (April 24th, 2014), klpeabody (April 26th, 2014), Tracy Lee (April 23rd, 2014), trhall (April 23rd, 2014)

Thanks

This is a picture of my latest Edison from Brian Gray's website. Had it for about a week now. Wonderful writer and I love ebonite. Great working with Brian.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

bgray (April 26th, 2014), cwent2 (April 26th, 2014), jde (May 8th, 2014), kaisnowbird (April 26th, 2014), tiffanyhenschel (April 26th, 2014), VertOlive (April 26th, 2014)