Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suddenly Summer

Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 562 Posts

Default Re: Suddenly Summer

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    The field is beautiful. Brings back fond memories of being a child - laying in our field watching clouds. The best part of the year.
    All of my fields are like this surrounded by trees. This particular field is my back garden. I have mowed a "green path" around the edges so that I don't damage the hay when I go for walks. In a couple months they will need another haircut. For lying out and playing the "what can you see in that cloud" game, I prefer the rock outcrops.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scrawler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    The field is beautiful. Brings back fond memories of being a child - laying in our field watching clouds. The best part of the year.
    All of my fields are like this surrounded by trees. This particular field is my back garden. I have mowed a "green path" around the edges so that I don't damage the hay when I go for walks. In a couple months they will need another haircut. For lying out and playing the "what can you see in that cloud" game, I prefer the rock outcrops.
    Yeah, I'm with you...laying in a field is not my thing as an adult. The bugs sort of creep me out, but your pic sent me back in time. Your field is something I dearly miss now that I live in the burbs. Thanks for sharing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (July 21st, 2014)

Senior Member Waski_the_Squirrel's Avatar
    Thanks

They're cutting hay in North Dakota as well.

Today it's really hot, but my garden is really taking off.

Thanks

It looks like you have an idyllic place, Scrawler. I am happy for you and extremely jealous at the same time!
    Trying to save the day for the Old World man
    Trying to pave the way for the Third World man

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62 View Post
    It looks like you have an idyllic place, Scrawler. I am happy for you and extremely jealous at the same time!
    It has taken years to get this place in order and while it looks nice in summer, there are lots of bugs, and winter is quite intense. On the other hand it is quiet and peaceful. The biggest disadvantage of living in a forest is the lack of shops. All pens, inks and papers have to be shipped, and as there are only a handful of people, the postal service is under constant threat of being halted. It has its pluses and minuses. This kind of place is only for introverted people who are happy with their own company, and the company of animals.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,531 Times in 1,769 Posts

For whatever odd reason, I like the look of hay rolls.

We're enjoying some pleasant weather for a change! My yellow beans are still producing, the scraggly sunflowers have blossoms, the chives and onions are thick and the 'maters are starting to turn color. For the first vejable garden since '02 and being all in containers it's doing okay.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    For whatever odd reason, I like the look of hay rolls.

We're enjoying some pleasant weather for a change! My yellow beans are still producing, the scraggly sunflowers have blossoms, the chives and onions are thick and the 'maters are starting to turn color. For the first vejable garden since '02 and being all in containers it's doing okay.
    Nice. It seems you have some good gardens. Watch out for those chives and onions, they will develop a mind of their own and spread thickly. I love chives. I like their flowers. I have encouraged sunflowers by buying 40 pound sacks and feeding the chipmunks who like in my garden walls. Many of my tomatoes are the result of throwing old tomatoes on the compost pile, and natural cross breeding between all the varieties I bought once. The raspberries are out now and later today I plan to browse the bushes.