Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Print Magazine for Pen Collectors: The Fountain Pen Journal

Thanks

Default Re: New Print Magazine for Pen Collectors: The Fountain Pen Journal

Thanks David I. I'm excited to hear about this mag. I just signed up for a subscription.

Dave

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blopplop View Post
    Thanks David I. I'm excited to hear about this mag. I just signed up for a subscription.

Dave

Excellent!

Do spread the word. This thing really will be a process-in-evolution for some time to come. Feedback will be sought. A testimonials page will be built. Arguing about details of content can be done here or of course in the dedicated forum next door at FPB.

This really should prove interesting.

best regards

David
    Last edited by david i; September 2nd, 2014 at 10:37 PM.
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

Thanks

First issue just ship ship shipped!

I handled copies at the Boston Show.

It looks great. And it will get only better.

regards

David
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (September 29th, 2014)

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

Wow, looking forward to this. Nice mail suprise this week. Thanks
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know

Thanks

Would a digital copy be available? I'm in the UK so postage might be expensive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alc3261 View Post
    Would a digital copy be available? I'm in the UK so postage might be expensive.
    Hi,

Fair question though I fear for the time being the answer is "no". The website is not yet set up for a password paywall. I suspect shipping won't be brutal. We do have subscribers from across the globe. Do email Paul via the Fountain Pen Journal website link in my signature space below. I can't make promises, but I doubt shipping to England would add $10 to the $25 subscription cost.

regards

david
    Last edited by david i; October 1st, 2014 at 06:35 AM.
    David R. Isaacson, MD

8. The Following User Says Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

Haefennasiel (April 16th, 2015)

Thanks

I am excited to see the magazine David. Thanks to you for your help promoting it.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    I am excited to see the magazine David. Thanks to you for your help promoting it.
    My pleasure.

Copies should be in all mailboxes in USA by now.

Do let us know.

regards

david
    David R. Isaacson, MD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

Mags (October 15th, 2014)

Thanks

Interesting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathen View Post
    Interesting
    I hope so

-d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

just a little bird floating on a hurricane
    Thanks

I just saw this and just signed up. Do you know if I'll get the first issue, or will my subscription start with the next one?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reprieve View Post
    I just saw this and just signed up. Do you know if I'll get the first issue, or will my subscription start with the next one?

Hi,

You should start with the first issue. Do drop a letter to Paul. He's a very approachable fellow.

regards

David
    David R. Isaacson, MD

16. The Following User Says Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

reprieve (October 25th, 2014)

Thanks

Pen World arrived yesterday so hoping FPJ arrives also this week.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

A peek at issue 1.1 of Paul's Fountain Pen Journal. I'm happy to be a contributing editor. First issue printed about 2 months after first chat about creating the magazine. In mailboxes now in the USA

David R. Isaacson, MD

Thanks

Per Paul, next issue should be four pages longer, though with advertisers lining up (Paul is good at that sort of networking), a couple of those pages will be ads from pen people.

There will be at least two core articles on collecting old pens.

regards

David
    David R. Isaacson, MD

Thanks

Still no delivery to my Canadian address of this magazine. Has anyone seen their magazine arrive yet outside of the U.S.?

Thanks

Still no delivery to my Canadian address of this magazine. Has anyone seen their magazine arrive yet outside of the U.S.?

I hope soon. They were sent bulk rate, and I'm not shocked the internationals are taking bit of time. I hope the read is worth the wait.

regards

d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

Thanks

Oh I am confident the magazine you and Paul are helping to create will be worth the subscription price. I just so want it to arrive already.

Thanks

Oh I am confident the magazine you and Paul are helping to create will be worth the subscription price. I just so want it to arrive already.
    Hi,

Did the magazine reach you?

regards

david
    David R. Isaacson, MD

Thanks

No magazine yet but Paul sent me an email about an hour ago that he is trying to send me a copy one more time. Thanks for checking in with me David.