Thread: I LOOOOOOOVE My Edison Collier!!

Thanks

Default I LOOOOOOOVE My Edison Collier!!

I just got my Edison Collier in Silver Marble colour today. This is my first Edison pen and definitely not my last. First off, one cannot truly see the depth, pearlization, and gorgeous colour through any photograph. You really have to see it in real life to appreciate the beauty of these pens.

I apologize for the crummy pictures, but I used my phone to take them and was too excited to share them to get my DSLR.

I am not going to do a detailed review as that can be found all over the web, just a first impression and to try and show the beauty of the pen.

I went to Wonder Pens here in Toronto, to try out the nibs and see which colour of the Collier I liked. The silver marble colour jumped out at me. In the light, the pen looks like it's literally glowing, just gorgeous.

Next, the nib...I have a couple mediums and mostly fine nibs. When I tried the Edison Fine nib, I was truly surprised at how thin the line was, it really seemed like and extra fine (I'm used to my Pelikan or Visconti Fine nibs), next I tried the medium, which put down a line I was used to. I wanted a "new feeling" with my nib and tried the 1.1mm stub. That was it, I fell in love with the 1.1mm stub...it writes smooth as butter, but lays down a thin enough line that complemented my small writing....I really cannot say how spectacular this nib performs. It has some feedback (like a pencil), but after using some 12000 micro mesh, it glides over the paper. Because it's a stub and not an italic, the edges are rounded and I don't have to worry about gouging the paper.

Oh I asked them to switch the monotone nib to the duo tone nib, because I think it is more esthetically pleasing to my eye.

I can provide a writing sample if one want one to see how the 1.1 mm stub looks.

The pen is a great size and compares well to a MB 149. If you don't like big pens and you like to post, then this pen is not for you. As soon as I held it, it felt "right." The pen is very light though, I think 30 g capped, 20g uncapped. The rest of the specs you can get from the web like Goulet Pens or other dealers.

So here are the pics. It is really a shame the pictures do not do this pen justice. I tried to take the pics in sunlight to show the shimmer and glow. In one of the pics you can see the the finial or top of the cap which looks like it is glowing, that is exactly how it looks in real life with the sunlight shining on it...Truly spectaclular.

Collier 2.jpgCollier nib.jpgCollier 3.jpgCollier 4.jpgCollier 5.jpg

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gclyn For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

00Photo (September 1st, 2014), Bogon07 (September 1st, 2014), Crazyorange (August 27th, 2014), earthdawn (August 27th, 2014), jde (September 30th, 2014), Jeph (August 27th, 2014), Jon Szanto (August 26th, 2014), orfew (September 3rd, 2014), RuiFromUK (August 27th, 2014), TerraNoir (September 1st, 2014), tiffanyhenschel (August 27th, 2014), Tsuki yo (September 3rd, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: I LOOOOOOOVE My Edison Collier!!

Excited? You have every right to be! Very nice pen!
    FPGeeks= Nomdeplume
    FPN= mbankirer
    PenTrace= mb

Happy Writing!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Beautiful!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Congrats on a beautiful pen!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Congrats! The color of the pen is eye catching. Welcome to the edison pen addiction. One is never enough

1.1 stub is my fav too. Great nib.

Post more pics on the edison pen thread. We love another pen to join the thread

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

tiffanyhenschel (August 27th, 2014)

Thanks

What a beautiful pen!! Congratulations!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    Congrats! The color of the pen is eye catching. Welcome to the edison pen addiction. One is never enough

1.1 stub is my fav too. Great nib.

Post more pics on the edison pen thread. We love another pen to join the thread
    Hi Crazyorange, would love to...where would I find the edison pen thread? FYI, looking to get another Collier, either the blue or the antique marble.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Come over and join us. Before you know it....you'll have a collection of http://www.fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6451

Thanks

Congratulations! Edison Pens are so awesome!

Thanks

The pen in Silver Marble is truly - - - - mesmerizing. I want one!

Thanks

Beautiful pen! And as a repeat offender...I mean customer, Brian is absolutely top shelf as far as customer service goes!

Thanks

Awesome pen!

I got my hands on a Nouveau Premiere and I love it. I think the Collier will be my next Edison.

Double like for Wonderpens, I hit them up every time I'm in the Tdot. I scored their last package of Tomoe River last time I was there.

Thanks

Wonderful pen. Thanks for all the great photos. I have ordered from Wonderpens but never visited. I see that I shall have to remedy that soon.