Thread: The Sailor Inks of Japan... t'was was an epic search but really far from over

Thanks

Default The Sailor Inks of Japan... t'was was an epic search but really far from over

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...led-in-a-post/

As I may have recalled Dan and Eric want to go to Japan... well how about searching far and wide for Sailor's 170+ inks all over Japan but the search is FAR FAR FROM OVER I'm still digging the shallow depths of the internet
    each ink is 20USD a pop excluding travel fee

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Algester For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (September 1st, 2014), jde (October 4th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: The Sailor Inks of Japan... t'was was an epic search but really far from over

Pretty impressive lot of images of ink. My dark secret is that I think Doyou is the one of the most underrated inks on the market.
    Fortibus es in ero

Thanks

Default Re: The Sailor Inks of Japan... t'was was an epic search but really far from over

Great. Seems like on the weekend I'll go on a shopping round in all the ink stores in Tokyo.
    Thanks to whoever made me broke...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7188photo For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (September 1st, 2014), Marsilius (August 28th, 2014)

Thanks

I'm taking my leave of searching for these inks so you guys can now browse what inks you like
    PS: the inks aren't just found in tokyo I have a feeling they are found all over Japan as I see some inks hailing from Hokkaido

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 7188photo View Post
    Great. Seems like on the weekend I'll go on a shopping round in all the ink stores in Tokyo.
    Thanks to whoever made me broke...
    Oh poor you wandering around Tokyo who cares about your wallet.

OT but I looked at your website, very good photos man, reminds me of my trip there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to velo For This Useful Post:

7188photo (September 2nd, 2014)

Thanks

I love Sailor inks so so so much!
    "What are moon-letters?" asked the hobbit full of excitement. He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also loved runes and letters, and cunning handwriting, though when he wrote himself it was a bit thin and spidery.

Thanks

THEN GO AND SPEND more than 4000 USD and catch em all
    the good news is that I think I have done everything I can to look for the leads onthe inks I'm just now lazy at translating the untranslated inks
    the bad news I can't find any info about the Athena inks by Maruzen
    Last edited by Algester; September 1st, 2014 at 04:55 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by velo View Post
    Oh poor you wandering around Tokyo who cares about your wallet.

OT but I looked at your website, very good photos man, reminds me of my trip there.
    Thank you! After 6 years Tokyo can become a bit tiring - but I guess the grass often looks greener on the other side Definitely a great place for stationary etc, though!
    Oh, and in the end some work came up - thank God - and I didn't go buy new inks. Temptations, temptations... :P

Thanks

Just a thought... After you buy all that ink... Won't you be carrying too much liquid to bring it on the return flight???

Thanks

yes you are its close to at 10 litters 200*50ml or 2 gallons of fluids
    Last edited by Algester; September 2nd, 2014 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Algester View Post
    THEN GO AND SPEND more than 4000 USD and catch em all
    the good news is that I think I have done everything I can to look for the leads onthe inks I'm just now lazy at translating the untranslated inks
    the bad news I can't find any info about the Athena inks by Maruzen
    You forgot the Sailor Boku Kaoru Black ink. It was exclusive to Nagasawa but not part of their Kobe line. It is made to simulate sumi ink in looks and smell.

I have these Athena inks.

Aobajou
    Hatobanezu
    Koubai
    Eternal Blue
    Gyokuro
    Renga
    Nihonbashi River Blue*
    Nihonbashi Akane*

*The Nihonbashi inks can only be purchased from the Nihonbashibranch of Maruzen (the flagship branch). I believe they do not sell these online and you have to go to the store.
    There is also plain Athena Black and the Anniversary sepia ink in the vintage bottle and box.

Thanks

thanks for the heads up on the bokukaoru yeah... until I can actually get a good link to the Athena inks I can't post them :X just like the Nihombashi takashimaya inks... very hard... very hard

Thanks

just a question are the readily available Maruzen Athena inks are only 6 colors as far as my history on the search goes some inks are only LE inks eternal blue probably seems to fall under that category

Thanks

Got the Kobe Renga one yesterday from the Nagasawa shop in Kobe and it looks good so far, but still need to do more writing and get a better feel for it. Still searching for a truly spectacular red'ish ink that's not too bright/saturated...

PS: The smell of it is really quite... unique...

Thanks

Yes my Sailor Kobe Arima Amber has a distinctive aRoarma...

Thanks

anyway just giving everyone the heads up I can no longer find anymore inks in the internet... if that is what I say then I'm serious the search is now over for me time to step outside of the usual inks we know from Bungbox, Maruzen and Kingdom note because apparently there are more inks out there from not well internationally known B&M stores
    222 inks are in the market as of this writing some of them are limited some of them are main stay inks

Thanks

Altecgreen I'm pretty sure your not from Japan but do tell me are the sticker labels on the River blue and Akane circular or octagonal? I was informed that octagonal stickers means limited ED Maruzen inks