Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mont Blanc Daniel DeFoe Palm Green Limited Ed writing ink on 6 writing papers

Thanks

Smile Mont Blanc Daniel DeFoe Palm Green Limited Ed writing ink on 6 writing papers

Hello once again. I was stoked to get my hands on this ink relatively quickly.

Daniel DeFoe wrote Robinson Crusoe (thank you dear Migo for pointing that
    out, My mistake) many schools would of included this in
    the reading collection. I certainly remember from the days of primary
    school.

The Mont Blanc Pens of this edition are absolutely devine in design, presentation and
    look. I have no doubt this would be a beautiful pen to lift you and inspire your creativity.
    (if you choose to use this limited edition pen).

The other Mont Blanc Ink that I own is Irish Green, which is completely different to this ink.

It comes in a 35 ml bottle. It is a very beautiful bottle, and the packaging to match.

From testing the inks on each of the 6 papers, I found that this Palm Green looks the nicest
    on white paper, as opposed to cream, grey, and turquoise writing paper.

At first looking at the Quill Metallic Paper, the ink didn't look that special, however as you can
    see, when you shine a light on this ink (look at the far left hand side of the photo), the ink
    looks very beautiful. I would have to say this metallic paper enhances most inks particularly
    when there's more presence of light.

Make no mistake, this ink just dries nicer on white paper. I do like this, but... at the same time
    this would not go into my top 3 favourite inks.

Perhaps top 6. It is a nice alternative green. When it dries, it looks olive green. Brown-kind of
    green.

Worth a check out if your local ink store has a sample of this ink. This would be a nice
    addition to the collection, it brings character that doesn't exist in other inks. As to the
    right situation/application for it, well perhaps not quite for formal letters. A social, or romantic
    kind of letter, this has a nice touch without the feel of out there, obvious, or strong.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bling72; September 25th, 2014 at 07:33 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bling72 For This Useful Post:

ChrisC (February 4th, 2015), earthdawn (September 25th, 2014), elaineb (February 3rd, 2015), jde (October 3rd, 2014), Lady Onogaro (September 25th, 2014), Laura N (September 25th, 2014), Marsilius (June 17th, 2015), pica pica (February 4th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (September 25th, 2014), VertOlive (October 2nd, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Default Re: Mont Blanc Daniel DeFoe Palm Green Limited Ed writing ink on 6 writing papers

Quote Originally Posted by Bling72 View Post
    Hello once again. I was stoked to get my hands on this ink relatively quickly.

Daniel DeFoe wrote Tom Sawyer, many schools would of included this in the reading
    collection. I certainly remember from the days of primary school.
    Didn't Samuel Clemens write Tom Sawyer?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Bling72 (September 25th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: Mont Blanc Daniel DeFoe Palm Green Limited Ed writing ink on 6 writing papers

Thank you for the correction. Don't know why Tom Sawyer popped into my mind at the time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Thank you for this useful review with great photos. I personally don't like olive green, so this saves me from buying a bottle. But MB inks are so very nice I'd think anyone who does like that shade of green would be interested.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

I bought a bottle a couple weeks ago. Love it on any paper, and use a lot of cream tomoe river. Looks lovely in these eyeballs! Thsnks for sharing your thoughts.

just a little bird floating on a hurricane
    Thanks

I ordered two bottles. Murky olive greens are my favorites. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks

Hi Laura. Well before you decide not to buy a bottle, go to a store and give it a try. I would never trust uploaded photos as 100% accurate.
    I took those photos under lamp light, so how the colours actually look on the paper does come out much different to the photos.

Thanks for the feedback reprieve and all the others who have thanked me

Like I said, not my favourite ink, but definately on the top half of my entire list. There isn't another colour I have quite like this, and to have
    variety is so important. You can nearly match a mood or occasion for most of these available colours.

Thanks

Hi bling. Came across from the rolexforums. I quite like this green as its very subtle. I had my starwalker sent back from Mont Blanc only to have to send it back. In the mean time I've ordered two more sailors. Will buy this green when I get my starwalker back

Thanks

Thanks for the excellent review, love it when people show how an ink performs on various papers !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hsianloon For This Useful Post:

Bling72 (September 27th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bling72 View Post
    Hi Laura. Well before you decide not to buy a bottle, go to a store and give it a try. I would never trust uploaded photos as 100% accurate.
    I took those photos under lamp light, so how the colours actually look on the paper does come out much different to the photos.

Thanks for the feedback reprieve and all the others who have thanked me

Like I said, not my favourite ink, but definately on the top half of my entire list. There isn't another colour I have quite like this, and to have
    variety is so important. You can nearly match a mood or occasion for most of these available colours.
    Your photos are excellent because they show the variety of looks the ink gives. I just got a letter yesterday from a friend written this ink, and I would say with his pen and paper it comes out like the first two photos.

Thanks again for a nice review!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My bottles of Palm Green arrived and I filled a broad-nibbed Pilot Custom 92. The ink is a lovely green with lots of pretty shading on Rhodia and Tomoe River paper. What I see in person with this nib and ink combo is closest to the first photo in this review.

It reminds me of R&K Alt Goldgrün, but Palm Green is slightly darker and slightly less yellow (Palm Green perhaps has a hint more brown than Alt Goldgrün). It's a relatively unique color--I can't really think of any other greens that are close. I'm very glad I ordered two bottles!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to reprieve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate the appreciation

I was very fortunate to get this ink early, however I will be able to get more next month. I have been trying to get some other Mont Blanc limed edition inks.

It wasn't easy to get all these papers, I found half of these purely by accident, being in a pen store at the right place at the right time.

I really enjoy the Fiorenza and G. Lalo paper. However it's not paper one can really afford to be always writing on, it is rather more expensive even per page.

Once you get your writing good, so that you no longer have to practice, then with the right occasion you can use these papers.

The advantage of having so many papers to choose from is that you should always be able to find at least one paper that a specific ink looks wonderful on.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

Love.
    Where to buy?
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Love.
    Where to buy?
    Montblanc boutique. Pen Boutique (but much better if you place a phone order instead of an internet order). Maybe Anderson's -- I think they often have MB ink.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

reprieve (October 3rd, 2014), VertOlive (October 3rd, 2014)

Thanks

Love.
    Where to buy?
    I got mine from Fahrney's. I didn't know Anderson Pens carried Montblanc ink (thanks, Laura!). If I had known, I would've ordered from them.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to reprieve For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (October 3rd, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laura N View Post
    Love.
    Where to buy?
    Montblanc boutique. Pen Boutique (but much better if you place a phone order instead of an internet order). Maybe Anderson's -- I think they often have MB ink.
    I like greens and use MB Irish Green and the old MB Turquoise often. The turquoise is in my writer for the week, an old Canadian Duofold, and I love the way it and the paper I use make nice music. The only pen/ink combination in the collection that sound quite like that.

Anyway, the Palm Green is available here for those down here in the Antipodes.

https://www.penandink.com.au/catalog...oducts_id=4857

Thanks

I have had two comments suggesting that my post describing MB Turquoise as a green is indicative of colour blindness (of course, put to me in the most polite way). I assure you, the 21 year old MB Turquoise I am using in the 83 year old Duofold is quite a greeny colour. I just checked it again, really it is.

Then again, perhaps I am just colour blind.......

I will take writing samples to the two people who made comments and make them give me chocolates as apologies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustud52 View Post
    I have had two comments suggesting that my post describing MB Turquoise as a green is indicative of colour blindness (of course, put to me in the most polite way). I assure you, the 21 year old MB Turquoise I am using in the 83 year old Duofold is quite a greeny colour. I just checked it again, really it is.

Then again, perhaps I am just colour blind.......

I will take writing samples to the two people who made comments and make them give me chocolates as apologies.
    Turquoise is a blue-green, and lots of people distinguish those differently. I wouldn't worry about it. You see more green, others see more blue. I think that's very common.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

mustud52 (February 5th, 2015)

Thanks

I assure you, the 21 year old MB Turquoise I am using in the 83 year old Duofold is quite a greeny colour. I just checked it again, really it is.
    If you're writing at night under most incandescent light settings, especially if you're not writing on stark white paper, turquoise blues easily shift into looking green. Our brains have very sophisticated visual processing that allow us to filter out colored light and see underlying hues. (When you're wearing sunglasses, for instance, everything in the world still looks the same color even though a color meter would say otherwise.) But for some reason, yellow light is harder to filter out than other hues, especially when viewing light cool blues. Our eyes will see green more readily in that situation.

As an experiment, write a small sample on the brightest white paper you can find, and look at it in bright light from a window. If it still looks green, then, well, perhaps you're colorblind

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
    I assure you, the 21 year old MB Turquoise I am using in the 83 year old Duofold is quite a greeny colour. I just checked it again, really it is.
    If you're writing at night under most incandescent light settings, especially if you're not writing on stark white paper, turquoise blues easily shift into looking green. Our brains have very sophisticated visual processing that allow us to filter out colored light and see underlying hues. (When you're wearing sunglasses, for instance, everything in the world still looks the same color even though a color meter would say otherwise.) But for some reason, yellow light is harder to filter out than other hues, especially when viewing light cool blues. Our eyes will see green more readily in that situation.

As an experiment, write a small sample on the brightest white paper you can find, and look at it in bright light from a window. If it still looks green, then, well, perhaps you're colorblind
    Methinks you also owe me a chocolate. A brown one. Not a white one.