Hi all! I hope everybody had a great 4th of July (if you live here in the US)!
I am stuck. I have a mere 5 pens (2 on the way though), and I am stuck! From doing quite a bit of pen swaping, trading, I have found these things:
1. I like Vacumatics, but only DJs. The later ones just seem cheap to me.
2. I love the Vintage Aurora 88. Great nib possibilities, great filler, beautiful, at a great price.
3. Vacumatic filling systems are not meant to be used as much as I used them (every day...). They should stay at home.
4. The Parker Dufold Jr. is too small, but the design is still nice, and they can be had for a great price
5. The famous P"51" does not mix with me...in terms of design. The barrel has too much curve in the middle, making it look too curvacious for it's sleek profile. The Aurora 88 on the other hand is a MOMA worthy design (IMHO). Nobody else has a problem with this, but something about it gets on my nerves. I also don't like the slip cap as much as the Aurora 88's butter smooth one. (I am not trying to bash the 51. It is an iconic user of a pen! I personally find much more of a connection with the A88 though.)
6. The m400 is an incredible pen that will never leave my collection again!
So. I am stuck with 3 pens that I don't think I want. The Debuante Vac (SJ), the P51 14k Cap Vacumatic, and the Duofold Jr. The only question is, what pen(s) to get next? I'll say this outright. I am not getting a steel nibbed pen. (My TWSBI mini fund is complete). I will PROBABLY avoid a c/c pen too, but I might warm up to them. I am currently considering a Lamy 2k, another A88 (?--in better condition--mine is a beater), a vintage Pelikan 400 (nn), a Waterman Carene... you get the idea. Any advice on how to make a decision? Any bad experienes, or pens that I should consider?