Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stationery Trouble

Thanks

Default Stationery Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post

Some of their stuff is unbelievable - entire walls of glass door'd shelving storing yarn. King size beds submerged layers deep in balls of wool.
    So true... I have a friend who has an entire bedroom (about 4m x4m) devoted to storage of knitting yarns and embroidery materials. She also has some in a storage locker Makes me feel better about 2 shelves of notebooks and paper, 80 inks and 60 or so fountain pens.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Newjelan For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 12th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: Stationery Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Newjelan View Post

Some of their stuff is unbelievable - entire walls of glass door'd shelving storing yarn. King size beds submerged layers deep in balls of wool.
    So true... I have a friend who has an entire bedroom (about 4m x4m) devoted to storage of knitting yarns and embroidery materials. She also has some in a storage locker Makes me feel better about 2 shelves of notebooks and paper, 80 inks and 60 or so fountain pens.
    My mom had an entire room devoted to craftiness as well. She was a quilter (and a pack rat). Shelves and shelves and shelves of fabric.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ypsilanti For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 12th, 2014), Newjelan (October 12th, 2014)

Thanks

The storage locker kind of makes me sad, because those places are often not so great for keeping stuff in good shape, especially relatively fragile items like yarns (as opposed to, say, plastic outdoor toys or packing supplies!) So, unless she gets to it soon, either to use up herself or give away, it might go to waste altogether :/ I feel like not enough people know this going in and most of the ones who learn it do so the hard way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Plume145 View Post

The storage locker kind of makes me sad, because those places are often not so great for keeping stuff in good shape, especially relatively fragile items like yarns (as opposed to, say, plastic outdoor toys or packing supplies!) So, unless she gets to it soon, either to use up herself or give away, it might go to waste altogether :/ I feel like not enough people know this going in and most of the ones who learn it do so the hard way
    I didn't know that, not that I have any.

I think she recycles it in and out of the locker as she loves looking at it and touching it as well as using it. She used to own a high end (very exclusive) yarn and patchwork business where the ave customer spend was about $1,000. She's a walking encyclopaedia of craft.

Thanks

Makes me feel better about 2 shelves of notebooks and paper, 80 inks and 60 or so fountain pens.
    In addition to the notebooks? That is quite a collection! I have five notebooks, five inks, seven pens and a pad of writing paper and thought that was a huge stash.

I remember those beautiful notebooks in the Borders near me. They were dirt cheap during their going out of business sale. It was sad to see Borders go under, but at least you got a lifetime supply of notebooks.

Thanks

That's quite a few notebooks. Not SABLE worthy yet though - thanks for the term!

I'm beyond the Stacking Stuff Stadium. Instead most of my living room sideboard is filled with stationery, notebooks, art supplies and the like. It's nice and tidy but - and that's the unsettling part - mostly full. To the brim.
    Guess I'm off doing some writing.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elderberry View Post
    That's quite a few notebooks. Not SABLE worthy yet though - thanks for the term!

I'm beyond the Stacking Stuff Stadium. Instead most of my living room sideboard is filled with stationery, notebooks, art supplies and the like. It's nice and tidy but - and that's the unsettling part - mostly full. To the brim.
    Guess I'm off doing some writing.

There's always InCo. Write really big. With wide margins.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD