Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

Default Ugh

My Platinum 3776 Sai was shipped December 1st. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday... It's last known point was when it *left* Arizona on TUESDAY and hasn't been seen or heard from since. :\ Not yet permanently marked as lost, but the postal service "doesn't know where it is." I'm afraid the answer is "dropped on a tarmac somewhere and run over."
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

Default Re: Ugh

Can the store help? Wasn't that the super deal Sai? Argh!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope they find it.

Thanks

It was a super, super deal. Until it is marked as lost or destroyed the post office won't deal with insurance so I'm going to have to sit tight for a while I guess. But yeah, a limited edition pen at a huge discount would of course be the one to go walk about.
    ---

Thanks

If you are in the US, the postal service required the item be lost for 30 days before they'll make reimbursement. That was based on my limited unfortunate experience.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    If you are in the US, the postal service required the item be lost for 30 days before they'll make reimbursement. That was based on my limited unfortunate experience.
    Yup, or until they find it destroyed. I had the post office once deliver (in a plastic bag) the soaked, crushed remnants of what had once been a box with contents (the contents were lost somewhere when the box was run over). They processed the insurance for that one immediately. But "lost" has a time requirement in case it gets found.
    ---

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

That is really terrible. Let's hope it turns up.
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Sorry to hear that.. I was looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Hoping it shows up !!!

just a little bird floating on a hurricane
    Thanks

I've had that happen several times--where a package just kind of "disappears" for a few days. Calling USPS and speaking to someone (a live person) on the phone helps immensely. They'll put out a search and will keep you updated on whether or not they've located it. I've only had something get permanently lost once. Every other time they've been able to find it and it's been undamaged. It's usually just some sorting snafu or someone forgot to scan the label somewhere along the line.

I hope it turns up!! *fingers crossed*

Thanks

This seems to be a frustrating time to deal with the post office, however in the three incidents I have had with them in the last few months they have been helpful when I called the national hotline. My local post office not so much (well the main branch, there is a smaller one that is actually helpful but its just a drop off they can't help with much really and aren't designed to) .. but once I started making calls things got sorted out. I just had to keep on them, after 7 days of missed arrival (I think it's 7 but there were holidays involved with my issue and I think they erred on the side of longevity) you can start a formal search for your package. The missing one showed up two days later returned to me a little worse for wear but intact.
    My Pinterest Feel free to add me on Facebook as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

I just checked a package I sent Priority.. Pretty much east coast side of the states. It should have taken 2-3 days and has now just arrived and is supposedly out for delivery. The Holiday crush seems to have reared its ugly and slow head. So 5 full days for what should have been 3 at the most.

Thanks

Yeah I expect things to be slower this time of year. The worry is when something gets on a plane and then never seems to come down. No tracking activity from Tuesday to Friday is the issue, not that it is delayed a day or so. I'm hoping it just missed a few scans in the hubbub and shows up tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    ---

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

I feel your pain. I doubt it's a normal "slow down" issue, rather the result of an error of some kind. The probability is very high that it will show up within a week or so.
    --
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 11,077 Times in 4,023 Posts

3 months ago, in my oft-told story, 3 pens were on their way to me from SF (just down the road to San Diego). Left LA and... vanished. Out of the system for 5 days. Then they popped back up in... Madison, WI.

At that point, I went to my local PO and the VERY helpful manager said "wait a minute" and went back to his office, emailed Madison, and came back and said "they intercepted it and it's on it's way here".

Just to say that, with a few days in limbo, it doesn't mean all is lost. Try going to the PO first thing in the morning and speak face-to-face with someone. It may very well help, and can't hurt. I'll keep a candle burning for your pen.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

I had a box of books from the Arizona distributuon center sent out (I live in Arizona) these books took two weeks as they were first shipped from AZ through an OR center then to a center in KS before finally coming back to AZ. I have also had a box from San Francisco go all the way to British Columbia before coming back to AZ.

Thanks

I had a similar issue recently. I bought a pen from USA around october 28th, it got one or two tracking updates, then no news at all. Fast forward a month later (november 29th), I receive a package at the door and it turned out to be that pen, I was really surprised. I wouldn't lose hope yet, in my experience USPS can be really slow and sometimes seems to misplace packages, but they always end up arriving at one point or another.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417835737.206877.jpg

I bought an aquarium plant, which went missing for 2 week in the dead of winter. Came home one day and found a plastic bag with the box hanging on the front door. It had a "sorry your package got damaged" note. The plant was frozen, but some how survived after a gentle defrosting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post

I bought an aquarium plant, which went missing for 2 week in the dead of winter. Came home one day and found a plastic bag with the box hanging on the front door. It had a "sorry your package got damaged" note. The plant was frozen, but some how survived after a gentle defrosting.
    Hah! Mine was also an aquarium plant that got run over! Mine didn't survive as the package was empty when I got its smushed, soggy remains. But that's a very familiar look.
    ---

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post

Hah! Mine was also an aquarium plant that got run over! Mine didn't survive as the package was empty when I got its smushed, soggy remains. But that's a very familiar look.
    I was blown away that the plant survived....in fact I still have it a year later. Must have hardy genetics to live after being smooshed and frozen. Hope your pen arrives in one piece.

Thanks

I ordered a few bottles of ink from the Andersons. I live about 3.5 hours away from Appleton, still in WI even. My package went from Appleton to Milwaukee to Chicago, then to Ohio and Pennsylvania, before looping back and coming to me.
    I won't pretend to comprehend the difficulties of the job in USPS, but sometimes it's easy to see why they run in the red.