Thread: Home made pen case.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Home made pen case.

Hello fellow pen lovers.

I'm just back from a lovely trip, but involving lots of ghastly long haul economy flights. I accumulated 3 felt giveaway wash bag/pouches from Qatar Air. They were made of stiff felt, but the surface texture was soft and not scratchy.

I unpicked the seams and took off the closure poppers. I was left with three rectangles of fabric. Having raided my scrap bag for ribbon and buttons I have come up with this. It only took 2 hours to make (I used a sewing machine). It is in two parts, the inner pen tray and an outer pouch to add to the rigidity and which provides a nice pocket at the back for a midori tn passport size. The best thing of all is it cost nothing! And I got to recycle the three pouches that my other half was mystified that I wanted to keep as we disembarked the various flights. I am really pleased with it. It holds all my oversized pens that are to thick to fit into my desk top pen display, pictured below as well. Hope you enjoy the photos.

. images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/01/13a498e3fc09a39abc2af5582bdb05ca.jpg[/IMG]
    To my children: Never make fun of having to help me with computer stuff. I taught you all how to use a spoon.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to sarahsyers For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

carlc (August 1st, 2015), Crazyorange (August 1st, 2015), dannzeman (August 2nd, 2015), earthdawn (August 1st, 2015), farmdogfan (August 1st, 2015), Flounder (August 1st, 2015), fqgouvea (August 1st, 2015), Haefennasiel (August 2nd, 2015), Hawk (August 1st, 2015), Jon Szanto (August 1st, 2015), Kaputnik (August 5th, 2015), klpeabody (August 1st, 2015), Lady Onogaro (August 3rd, 2015), Laura N (August 1st, 2015), Laurie (August 2nd, 2015), Neo (August 1st, 2015), rpsyed (August 1st, 2015)