Okay.

I am looking for a Blue Black and having a devil of a time.

WAY TOO MANY UGLY TEALS BEING CALLED BLUE BLACK OUT THERE.

The good

Platinum. I like the stuff a lot but it is way too dry for a few of my pens. It is a nice IG Blue that starts out a bit dusty and with lots of blue and dries and ages to a nice color. A really really nice ink and great in my Parker Vac and my juicy Sheaffer Statesman and a few of my wetter pens and better flow than many IG inks but not optimal in a few of my pens.

Montblanc JFK. Sweet baby Jesus I love this ink and would buy it by the gallon where it not limited. But yeah. It is limited. grrr.

Pelikan Tanzanite. GREAT color. GREAT GREAT GREAT. Pretty good flow (for Pelikan, an ink brand I do not get along with) but zero lubrication. I am mystified by claims this has lubriation. Flow, sure, lube, none. A truly handsome ink but like writing with water.

The bad

All them awful hideous teals. Blue Black not Blue Green. Sickly ugly Blue Green. Yuk.

Pilot Irosihzuku Tsuki-yo
Great on the internet. Total yawn in meat-space.

Pilot Blue Black
Not bad really but a tad too dusty and light. I used a lot of this over the years but really do find it dusty.

Everything Diamine
Love Diamine but have yet to see a Blue Black of theirs I liked. The 1382 (whatever) anniversary BB was pretty much weak black. Their standard blue black is puke inducing. Exception: Chopin from the music set. I will buy this if I ever see it. Looks quite a bit like JFK in fact.

Sheaffer, okay… meh. I'll use it till it is empty.

So you see I like Chopin, MB JFK, Tanzanite you see the area I am in, blue-y blue blacks with a bit of saturation, not too dusty, not charcoal black with zero perceptible blue in it and as little teal/green as humanly possible. Now I want that ink to flow well, clean up well (JFK and Tanzanite clean up very well), with decent lubrication and READILY AVAILABLE.

Tanzanite is really close for me. If it had any lube at all my search would be over. Ackerman #10 looks great but is not available in these parts.

IG BlBlk 4001, which I can still get here is just hell. I really don't know how anyone can write with that juice. Weak. Dry. No thanks.

Suggestions?