Thread: Noodler's El Lawrence - Mini review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,336 Times in 2,283 Posts

Cool Noodler's El Lawrence - Mini review

Here is a min review, of Noodler's El Lawrence. An ink I enjoyed most for its qualities rather than colour.

This ink has slightly a drier flow compared to the many other Noodler’s inks, I have tried. It dries almost instantaneously. I had it for a long while in my fountain pen and never had any problems writing.
    It is closest to Burma Road Brown and darker than R& K Emma.
    For those who ink wash, I would suggest, Burma Road Brown, Emma and alternatively Zhivago.

swatches.jpg

• Pens used: Ef Chinese pen, , Noodler’s nib creaper,
    • Shading: Definitely subtle…
    • Ghosting: None on Rhodia.
    • Bleed through: None
    • Flow Rate: On the drier side for a Noodler.
    • Lubrication: Good
    • Nib Dry-out: Nope.
    • Start-up: No problem.
    • Saturation: Yes
    • Shading Potential: Maybe with Ahab
    • Sheen: No
    • Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: None
    • Nib Creep / “Crud”: Don’t recall
    • Staining (pen): Nope. Easy to clean…
    • Clogging: Nope
    • Water resistance: Archival…..
    • Availability: Only in bottle.

Written example on Rhodia:

El Lawrence.jpg

Back:
    El lawrence back.jpg

Afterthought: Besides being everything proof, this ink is also fluorescent.

7138DEE1-B29F-4710-9210-DE82B5840F2A_1_201_a.jpg

I hope you don’t mind a touch of whimsy in form of an article 200 years from now:
    Martian Archeologist on a survey mission to Earth have found one of the most exciting finds of the decade, a document, believing to belong to the famed British explorer Lawrence of Arabia, thanks to an UV sweep. The document managed to survive the climate catastrophe of 2080.
    Ten years later the chief xeno-archaeologist of Europa colony, has concluded that the Notebook could not have belonged to the famed Lawrence and has tentatively carbon dated it to the early 21st century, to an unknown scribe.
    Searchers on Alpha Centauri have concluded that the following text belonged to a marginal sect thriving in early 21st century, the fountain pen worshippers. It is not clear what the purpose of this group has been. Much research has to be done now, as numerous other documents of this sort have been found

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

A Smug Dill (November 29th, 2020), Ahriman4891 (November 19th, 2020), Amanda (November 18th, 2020), azkid (November 16th, 2020), Detman101 (November 16th, 2020), digitalsedition (November 16th, 2020), junglejim (November 17th, 2020), PithyProlix (December 3rd, 2020), Pterodactylus (November 23rd, 2020), Robert (November 17th, 2020), SlowMovingTarget (December 3rd, 2020)